To fix or not to fix?

Hey guys, my girlfriend for nearly 3 years have been going through a lot of problems recently because she is having feelings or is being infatuated with another man who is unfortunately also a friend of ours. And he likes her too.

For the past 2 and a half years, our relationship has been good, we shared many happy moments and came through a lot of problems and hardships. We made so many plans and dreams that we'd share for coming years. i could say that we really are happy with our relationship and that we really loved each other. Everything was perfect until my gf and that guy became close during our fight a month ago and as my gf says it "she never knew how it happened but suddenly she's not happy with me anymore". We talked about it, argued a lot about it and she says she doesn't want to hurt me so we'll just give it a try, to fix it all again. And i told her to stop contacting/communicating with that guy so that she'll forget him and she said that she will do her best to forget him. And for about two weeks we were like back again to normal, we didn't have any fights or troubles and then on one party, that guy tried to talk to my gf again and because of that my gf somehow "regained" her feeling for him and been texting him since that night. She's been crying a lot lately telling me that she didn't mean all of this to happen and she want's to end the problem now and so we'll fix the problem. What do you think will be a good, if not the best way to deal with our situation? and what will I do to the guy pestering us? Thanks.

Are you sure this guy is really your friend? Truly Really sure? Cause this sounds like the old Casanova trick of cozying up to a guy to steal his girlfriend. you know, he waits and listens to her problems when she argues with you. Tells her all her outfits look nice. Fixes her computer. Heck, maybe he even helps her buy presents for you...

Let her go and let her learn her lesson the hard way. A guy friend once told me that the best way to get rid of a stalker is to start paying attention to him. IMHO, once she starts dating him one-on-one, one of them is bound to discover they're both not all that they're cracked up to be. And then they'll fight and she might even try to run to you to complain. Hopefully you'll do the smart thing (aka, grab a cold beer, listen, laugh, and count your lucky stars).

Good luck

• Author

yeah, that guy has been our friend for the last two years, he was even our bandmate before this problem started happening. and then suddenly he wants to destroy me and my girlfriends relationship. i already told him before to stop coming after her and to keep his distance but he just won't stop.