I finally got to the bottom of the problem!!

Hey I replied to a thread that said about screwing things up by telling your bf that you loved them. Well,after I sent the email and chewed him out and voiced my own opinion about our entire situation,he did reply.

He said I have come along way from communicating my feelings and that he was acting like that just to let me know we weren't going to get back together. He emailed me 3 times yesterday and was like he was when we were first dating. His dad told me he wants to get to know me as a friend and to stay there and be his friend.

He doesn't want a relationship right now with anyone because of his busy schedule. He asks me if I have dated anyone else and even asked me if I had changed my haircolor,which I did a week ago. I still have this feeling like there is something there and I have never had that with any other relationships I have had. We break up and its over,no communication.I am good friends with his sister and she tells me to be his friend and stay his friend.I know they are close and talk alot but she can't tell me anything.His mom told me that he doesn't want to lose me about a few months ago.

So should I wait and see how things go? Like I said I have never gotten this kind of feeling from a guy before.Someone else told me he said that to cover his a** and to keep from being hurt if I dated someone during this time.I'll be 18 in Nov. and he will be 19 in July I thought maybe with me being in high school and him in college was the problem.

I know alot about his family and his dads prison time and what it was for.His mom said that he always broke up with a girl before he had to tell them about his dad.He almost did that once,but my mom told him we knew and it was OK,we didn't blame him for his dads problem,After that he was fine. I guess I should just shut up and get on with things,but reading everyone elses dilemma has helped me understand we are all going through this at some point in our life.

You guys are awesome :bunny:

Well, this is wierd. His whole family tells you to continue being his friend! Is it at all possible that they've decided they like the idea of you as his girlfriend and so are hoping he'll change his mind?

I'm a big believer in friendships that deepen into love and it's not like you're at the age where you have to move fast in time to have kids so if you think he's wonderful, hang around for a while.