Is it possible for my sons father to want to work things out? He said never.

Contumacious

I have a son with my ex. Our break up was very very bad. He started dating someone new right away and they are still together. It's been about 4.5 months. We have had a hard time getting along. We both hurt each other. I want to put my family back together more than anything. I have asked him but he told me that he does not want to be with me, ever again. He just recently said he would be willing to do things (like the park or other outings) with my son and I but he stated that he wants to be clear that he doesn't want to lead me on he just wants to be friends. He has our son about 30% of the time so its not like he doesn't see him and can only see him if it's with me. I asked him what his gf would think about this and he doesn't think she will mind him hanging out with me and our son. That I can't understand because like I said, he gets time with our son. I wouldn't want my new bf hanging out with his baby mama especially if he got time with the child. So I guess my question is...

Do guys change their minds? Is it possible that we will start hanging out and feelings will come back and we could fix our relationship and be together? Just because he says it today does that mean that's how he will feel forever or is there a chance he could change his mind?