Is it possible?

I was going out with my ex boyfriend for 2 years. He seemed very happy with me and we talked of marriage. He told me every day he loved me. Then suddenly he finished saying we wanted different things (I didn't agree with that). He told me people fall out of love and that's what had happened. I know that women often think differently to men but do men ever fall in love again with their ex girlfriends when they are the ones who finished it? And, if so, Why? Would love to hear answers from a man's point of view.

curiousgeorge

I once tried to get back with my ex wife after I ended it. I ended the relatioship though because I felt that she was not giving enough to the relationship. She moved away to study in another city and we lived apart for 2 years. I will also add that she was a foreigner and she obtained a green card by being with me. I am not saying that this is why she married me.

Later I tried to work it out with her even though I had broken it off. But this woman was my wife you see and I also felt an obligation because of the vows I had made.

With regards to the other women in my life if I left because I felt we were different I never went back. I may have still felt love for them in my heart but I never went back.

Hope that helps. But you could give us a little more information.

warning: i am not a man.

i think, as hard as it is, you need to believe what the man says when he dumps you. people don't typically break up without meaning it; and he has stated clearly that he is not n love with you anymore.

as for whether or not he will fall back in love with you - i put it to you: who cares? this man dumped you. your pride should insist that he is simply old news to be moved on from. let's say he does fall back in love with you. why wouldn't you say: too bad, sucker. i'm with someone more consistent, ergo stronger, ergo better, now?

I think he dumped me because he said "if we got married he wanted his 9 year old daughter to come and live with us - how do you feel about that". I felt that his daughter should be with her mother - who put her job before her child. Am I SO wrong for thinking that. It's not that I didn't want her but I have no kids of my own and am very inexperienced when it comes to looking after children. I think that's what he meant when he said we want different things. I know he cared deeply for his daughter but I just got the impression that his family expected ME to bring her up when she already has a mother. If I'm wrong, please tell me.