Why did I ever like you? What did I see?

Three months ago, I went through a bad break up (first proper relationship, lasted 7 months) and my depression has become pretty much unbearable. I know I can't be with my ex because he was abusive and was dating another girl, a 17 years old (!) within days of the split and to make matters worse, I had to work with them both, his little way of trying to get back at me for finally standing up for myself. I overdosed and had to leave my job because I was a complete mess - I'd literally break down in tears in front of everyone and was sometimes even physically sick when I had to work with my ex.

I just feel so completely worthless, he told me during the split that he'd never loved me and that he was going out with me because he felt sorry for me, even though I'm an attractive, smart, kind girl with ambitions in life and he's an overweight, heavily tattooed, foul mouthed university drop out that still

lives with his parents in his early 20's. He just disgusts me in every way now. And of course he's portrayed me as the "pyscho ex girlfriend" because I kept calling him, trying to work it out. How could I be so in denial about it all? I can't believe how messy it ended, he really showed his true colours, such a shame because his family liked me a lot, his mum even referred to me as her "other daughter". :D:rolleyes: