how do you hope for the future?

I broke up with my abusive ex back in April after I lost a baby. He lied to me throughout our relationship, sold and took drugs behind my back, and took money off me whenever he could.

I don't care if anyone thinks that sounds one sided, and maybe i was an idiot, i probably was, but i honestly believed he loved me, and in the beginning of our relationship he made me feel like the most important person in the world.

but pretty soon he couldn't even be bothered to look at me when i walked in through the door, even if i was bringing him dinner which i'd bought him, he would say 'put it on the table' and keep watching telly.

finally i dared to get away from him, he threatened to beat me up and put me in A&E and burn my house down.

I can't imagine ever trusting another man ever again. Not because of being a 'man' I just mean, i can't imagine trusting another person in a relationship.

When you have been LIED TO, repeatedly, like you are an IDIOT WHO DOESNT MATTER, it is hard to imagine ever trusting anyone ever ever again.

Does anyone have any experience of being lied to and then meeting someone nice after?

I feel very hopeless and that I will be alone forever. All I wanted after I lost my baby was to try for another baby, and now I am alone and no hope to have a baby, and no idea how I will ever trust someone enough to try again :(

I can't imagine ever trusting another man ever again. Not because of being a 'man' I just mean, i can't imagine trusting another person in a relationship.

When you have been LIED TO, repeatedly, like you are an IDIOT WHO DOESNT MATTER, it is hard to imagine ever trusting anyone ever ever again.

Does anyone have any experience of being lied to and then meeting someone nice after?

I'm sure if you look back on the relationship from an objective point of a view, and not from an "I'm in love" view, you probably ignored or missed a lot of red flags. Of course you will meet someone you can trust again.

This is a huge lesson for you. You will learn a lot of things in the coming months following this split. You will know what to look out for, you will know what you will and will not tolerate from someone and You will realize how strong you are as a person, and you will absolutely meet someone who doesn't abuse you the way this douche did.