My girlfriend broke up with me after 10 years

Hello Everyone,

I got with my girlfriend during high school 9th grade 5 days ago she told me she needed a break because she said I didnt show her that I loved her like being all on her and stuff kissing her and stuff, after 10 years she gave us a break she had addressed this problem with me before I would I was tell her I would change but I guess it didnt happen as fast or as she imagined it. She said she needs time that shes lost right now, she said guys are the last thing on her mind. she has been going out with her friends and she says she feels fine with out me. But then I tell her that I want to prove myself to her that I love her I want to be with her. After long hours of talking she said she does love me even though she does not want to admit it and she wants me to fight for her, I guess she says that I hurt her alot being this way and whats me show her im different she did tell me that she feels like she owes it to herself to try it with someone else if it comes along. I dont want to lose her I told her I would fight for her she said to give her space that she loves me but needs space. But what if she goes with someone else Im scared of losing her I am 23 years old shes 23 also. please advice.....

• Like 1

She wants you to fight for her? It's been 10 years and she feels like you're not serious? She loves you but doesn't want to admit in anymore because she feels you aren't acting as affectionately as you once did? Sounds like it's time to go ring shopping. (That's just my take on what she wants).

Edited by ScienceGal

It sounds to me like that may be the case as well. Perhaps she's feeling like she's still in the same place with you as the two of you have been for 10 years and she's needing something more from your relationship. I think I would feel the same after so long.

• Author

I dont know We talking of getting married next year Im so confused I told her i would fight for her to show her but she pushes me away how do I show her if she wont let me I miss her so much I feel like my life has no meaning she broke up with me thursday night she post pictures on FB and she looks happy and stuff I told her Im sorry im ready and stuff but she doesnt take it and i am I want to be different for her

1. highschool sweethearts miss a lot of experiences in life.. sometimes after a decade and the 30's begin approaching they start itching to live a life they've only lived vicariously. Maybe even have a couple flings (hate to say it).

2. you've must have lost something along the way and became to comfortable. you're both idling and bland, and need something to spice it up if you are to remain together.

I doubt putting a ring on it will solve it. If you are less affectionate, or never were, you need to start... the moment she allows.. and I don't me flowers the day after you get back together. I mean hugging her and groping her next time she has her back turned. I mean sending her a slutty text message while she's at work. be random, a decade with you has gotten stale.

These aren't meant to be insults, but just ideas from a very in-touch perspective.

• Author
1. highschool sweethearts miss a lot of experiences in life.. sometimes after a decade and the 30's begin approaching they start itching to live a life they've only lived vicariously. Maybe even have a couple flings (hate to say it).

2. you've must have lost something along the way and became to comfortable. you're both idling and bland, and need something to spice it up if you are to remain together.

I doubt putting a ring on it will solve it. If you are less affectionate, or never were, you need to start... the moment she allows.. and I don't me flowers the day after you get back together. I mean hugging her and groping her next time she has her back turned. I mean sending her a slutty text message while she's at work. be random, a decade with you has gotten stale.

These aren't meant to be insults, but just ideas from a very in-touch perspective.

Thanks man anything helps

Side curiosity.. What sort of science are you involved in Sciencegal?

Also, DSS, She's happy on facebook because she is happy and probably doing things she's wished she had the ability to do along with out worrying about what you were going to say or think about it. life is too short to get that comfortable. be patient, a love like kind you have usually have chances at mending. But don't get too comfortable, there is always a million other men willing to do the things you aren't. if you love her as much as you should, you will do whatever is necessary to mend this.

I wish you the best of luck, Sir'.

I wonder if there is someone else.

Ehhh... don't worry even if she did. she loves you. her heart couldn't evict you so quickly.

Talk to her when she's ready, and listen attentively. and react even more so. Think about yourself during this period too. I know you love her and want her. but take this time to figure out yourself. how much do you love her?! what areyou willing to do.. and don't listen to the first 10 things that enter your head, or say "anything". this can be your time too, to figure what's up with you guys and maybe if things have drifted.

just let her know you're still there and looking forward to sitting down and chatting. she'll be back. I'd put my lifesavings on it.

10 years is a really long time for someone who is 23! wow!

It sounds like maybe she got bored with the relationship. Both of you guys got so comfortable with each other that you never expected her to do this. Maybe spend a little time apart from each other? I'm sure time apart from her will bring out the affectionate side of you.

• Author

when should i approach her or text or call her how much time do let pass its been about 4 days but i talk to her yesterday she told me to give her time and space that she does love me and wants me to show her but to be soft and not to expect much from her but then she ssaid she owes it to herself to see if someone will give it her

when should i approach her or text or call her how much time do let pass its been about 4 days but i talk to her yesterday she told me to give her time and space that she does love me and wants me to show her but to be soft and not to expect much from her but then she ssaid she owes it to herself to see if someone will give it her

someone else will give it to her what does that mean?

she sounds like she still loves you but got bored and now is looking else where not maybe so much in terms of men but just single life with the girls. which btw will ultimately end up being out with them on the pull.

if i was you, id join something, like a gym, or an activity and also its important to give her this space but at the same time make sure she knows she cant just walk out of your life, you must stay in the game.

id call her after a week, make sure shes ok getting on alright etc. or id just txt her saying, hey just thought id send a txt as i was thinking about you.

i dunno man, just keep cool is the best advice i can give and dont go crazy

yeah stop looking on face book.

im sorry to hear that, sounds like she is really planning to move on. you need to prepare for her not to be around much longer :(

yeah man, sucks to say it but if she's cleaning house on Facebook it probably means she's getting ready to present herself to the world as single...

Its been said a million times on this forum but I would focus on you now...If you guys are really done (or at least done for now) then you are probably in for a world of hurt but the only thing to do is keep busy. Personally, daily workouts at the gym have been the best thing for me, I totally recommend it. Also, you need to really remember that you are still crazy young. When I was 23 I was still seriously just getting warmed up...since then I've had tons of relationships short and long.

If you guys really are done (I bet you are...personally) then take the pain but try to see the future for what it is for you...full of new opportunity. You will get over her and one day you may even be glad it ended when you meet someone else ten times better...

Of course, this **** is easy for an anonymous internet stranger to say...I know it isn't that easy...

• Like 1

I'd say a couple weeks, to let her do her own thing. And coming from a girl, I think she would like it if you called her rather than texted her. If she doesn't pick up, leave a voicemail. It shows a little more effort than a text message.

OP, look up grass is greener syndrome.

As for this, it's best that you just remove her from your life and get on with it.

Be in a better place.

This works both for moving on, and for getting back together later on.

mridul_chajilee

Same things happened to me as my ex gf broke it up after 11years.As far i knw,u wil never get back her becoz the coz is stil i dont knw.so move on.

environmental science

SCIENCEGAL: Yay, don't mean to hijack the thread, but do you have any good websites that show world trouble spots involving environmental degradation, abuse? Any good sites involving environmental issues would be cool...

Thanks.

Yup, time to give it up. I just don't understand how and why some people think that they can get away with having such LTR w/o thinking that the "question" would eventually be expected and followed through with. I know too many people who have been in 7+ relationships to only end. None of them married or the question of it ever brought up...it's no wonder some, many lose the fire...they probably don't see anything else to look forward to after such a long time in complacency...

• Author

She ended it yesterday I'm devastated will she take me back she says she just wants to be alone right now but I told her to tell me she didn't love me anymore and she couldn't

• Author

She told me not to call her or text anymore should I keep fight for do i give a bit a space anthen in a couple weeks call her im going to see in a couple of weeks because its her sisyer weeding should I approche her there

Eddie Edirol
She told me not to call her or text anymore should I keep fight for do i give a bit a space anthen in a couple weeks call her im going to see in a couple of weeks because its her sisyer weeding should I approche her there

Dont go to her sisters wedding unless you are bringing a date to make her jealous.

She wants to move on from you, she says she loves you, but she isnt IN love with you, which is more important. She realizes that she needs to experience different guys, and she will. So you need to take some time, get over her, and start dating different women. Youre only 23, you will find someone better. When you start looking now, she will see that you can move on just as fast as she can, and she might think twice about dumping you.

But really, after ten years, I dont think she will look back at you, so you should leave her in the dust. Dont call her, delete her off of facebook so you can get over her faster, completely forget about her. Just as she needs to experience new guys, you need to experience new women. Also you can learn to be more affectionate, although I wonder if she used that as an excuse. BTW, when you completely drop off the face of the earth in her eyes, she also might think twice, because she will wonder why you dont need her. Its only been 4 days, if you never call her, she might wonder why. If you keep calling her, she will get even more sick of you. She needs to miss you, so disappear.