Go NC immediately?

Is it best to go NC immediately after a breakup?

Background on the breakup.. I've been with the girl for over 18 months. Last month she decided to ask for a break which led to a break up. I'm handling this situation as best by hiding my emotions from. Since the breakup she has gone out a lot (bars clubs parties etc) and I wouldn't be surprised if she's talkig to someone new already.

The thing is I still have some of my personal belongings at her place while I have some of hers. I'm trying my best to limit contact with her til we can get our stuff back.

Call her, arrange a day and a time to get your stuff back, give her stuff back. Do not leave your stuff in the hope that leaving your "mark" will make her change her mind. If anything realizing you aren't there anymore could make her miss you.

Then, start NC immediately.

Is it best to go NC immediately after a breakup?

Background on the breakup.. I've been with the girl for over 18 months. Last month she decided to ask for a break which led to a break up. I'm handling this situation as best by hiding my emotions from. Since the breakup she has gone out a lot (bars clubs parties etc) and I wouldn't be surprised if she's talkig to someone new already.

The thing is I still have some of my personal belongings at her place while I have some of hers. I'm trying my best to limit contact with her til we can get our stuff back.

yes. break = breakup.

set up a time to get your things back and stop communicating with her, and stop stalking her. block her from fb so you aren't tempted. if what she has of yours isn't memorable or valuable, consider just leaving it alone and moving on. a dvd or something isn't worth dragging this any further just to get her to return it.