Im lost and heartbroken

skimmerblake28

I am 16 years old and have always wanted a girlfriend. A couple months ago i met this beautiful girl with a sporadic personality. I fell in love with her at first sight. I got her number but was suprised at how she played jokes on me nearly every day. She told me she was dating her best friend even though she said she couldnt date and i was furious (TURNS OUT IT WAS A JOKE). She got angry at me when i had every right to be angry. Enough of the jokes, she played plenty on me. We texted and talked often but we didnt go out. She said she wasnt allowed to date so i told her i would talk her mom into letting her date. At this point i couldn't stop thinking about her. I literally thought about her non stop everyday for 3 months. I wrote songs for her, i told her how beautiful she is, i told her how amazing her personality is, i wrote love letters and poems and all kinds of stuff for her. All she did for me was tell me im weird. Im a very shy person so it was hard for me to talk to her but i still tried my best. I tried talking to her as much as i could and she always avoided me. I asked her why she keeps avoiding me and she always replied with terrible excuses like i was tired, or, i was bored. I couldn't comprehend what was happening because i had never been in a previous relationship. This girl made my hormones go wayyy out of wack. I was in love, confused, angry, and happy at the same time. Since she always messed with me, i was always sent mixed messages. I had no idea what this girl thought of me or what she was thinking. Everytime i asked something along the lines of lets hang out or lets go see a movie she would reply with idk (i dont know). I was pissed off everytime she did this. If she didnt want to date me or hang out with me why didnt she just say no or tell me to leave her alone. I wouldnt be offended if she told me to leave her alone and i even told her that. She still didnt give decent replies to me. As time went on i still felt the same for her even after all that she has done to me. The worst part has arrived. During the last 3 days of school before summer vacation she was very mean to me. She told me she had a tattoo artist boyfriend who was 17 years old and she loved him. She said they have been dating for a week and i knew this was complete BS. She said i couldnt meet him becuase he didnt go to my school, which is bs. She said he was going to beat me up after school the day before the last day of school and i was just furious. I ended up seeing her after school that day and she saw me. I said hi and she just walked away to her moms car. Turns out she said her boyfriend was driving the car which is also bs, so basically, he couldnt beat me up becuase he is imaginary or something. So after the last day of school i got home and i told her off. I told her i fell in love with her, how she hurt me, how she lied, how she caused all kinds of confusion. I basically just told her im not talking to her ever again for what she did to me. I blocked her everywhere so i dont need to be bothered by her. So now im sad becuase after all that she still wouldnt go out with me. I just wish she would have told me a long time ago to leave her alone and none of this junk would have happened. I don't know what to do now. I don't know how to find a new girl becuase this girl was the girl of my dreams. I understand its time to move on but how? Please give me your opinion on what i should do or what you think about what happened!

Philosoraptor

She wanted attention without having to commit to anything. You gave it to her. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1
Philosoraptor
How do i avoid this kind of stuff in the future?

Realize early that you are giving much more than you are receiving and have a talk about it. If she's not willing to get on the same page you need to turn your attention elsewhere.

• Author
skimmerblake28

Thank you so much. Its my first approach to a relationship and i guess she took advantage of me. You are a good person for helping so many people. Keep at it.

Philosoraptor
Thank you so much. Its my first approach to a relationship and i guess she took advantage of me. You are a good person for helping so many people. Keep at it.

We all must start somewhere. I did the same thing when I was younger and it was a painful lesson to learn. Heck, even as you age you never stop making mistakes. All you can do is hope to learn from them. Every time you open your heart you take a risk, simple as that. You'll often get burned but remember that you only need to be right once. Finding that once is what keeps me motivated to open up to someone I feel is worth opening up to.