Time to call it quits

Well as many of you will know from my previous posts, I was in a relationship for 5 years (lived together for one) friends for 4 years before. So.....he has been a massive part of my life for ten years. I loved him, still do love him with all my heart. A year ago he was sectioned and spent 2 weeks in hosptial. This broke my heart as it came out of the blue, yes, he had been a bit stressed and had a lively personality but I did not expect this. There was a lot of other things surrounding this, mainly his relationship with his family. His dad was the one who had him sectioned but he has no relationship with his dad. His mum has her own issues which effetc him aswell. At the time this was hard for me to deal with as I felt I was delaing with this all on my own. Anyway, a year down the line we treid to rebuild the relationship but I have found that I just can't forget some things and it is not fair on him or me. He has really tried but I found out a lot when we broke up, just little things that he lied about and I thought I knew him. Now Im finding it hard to give him 100% as Im scared it will all happen again. I love him but just can't be with him. This hurts like hell as when he is ok, he is great and I enjoy being with him but there is always that worry in my head