why did ex contact me, then ignore me???

I know I posted a similar thread a few days ago, but I unfortunately sent two more texts two days later and I still didn't get a single message back, and I'm confused.

My ex of three years (we were each others firsts) broke up with me 6months ago and immediately started to date someone new. My ex dumped the new guy a week ago and then out of nowhere my ex texts me, and starts asking my roommate questions about me. We talked for a bit, and then my ex ends with "are you with anyone?". I responded (with "as of right now-yes, as in dating-no") but then I never got anything back. I am worried that he may have taken it as "I am just fooling around with someone but not dating" (which I'm not, I just had people over). So i then texted twice again after two days saying "hey, it'd be nice to meet up and I finished all of my finals" and "it's fine if you dont want to meet up, I am just confused why you texted me after so long" ... still nothing back.

I dont get it. My ex gets in contact with me saying "i miss it", asks if I am with anyone... and then nothing. Should I try calling my ex or text again? This is finals week so in a few days we are both going back to our home states... My ex is a math major and a Resident Assistant so I know he is SUPER busy -so maybe thats why he didnt respond???

Was my ex just checking up on me? Seeing if I am still waiting around? Does my ex still think/care about me? I am just so lost and confused. I still love him and still see us being together one day... I guess now I just want to understand why he made contact with me and then dropped me like nothing had happened. Thank you

*** I am very tempted to just go and do something crazy -like goto his room and surprise him at his door or call him or something... I still love him so much, and I want him to know this. I know that most responses will be stay NC, move on, etc... but there has to be something I can do right?

• Author

***update. woah! Ex just texted me.

He said he wanted to meet up but then heard I was back with this other guy which I was seeing before my ex. Oh boy, here comes more breadcrumbs/hurt feelings. This is going to be a long night. I am already in tears dreading what may come.

• Author

He said that he wanted to meet up but then heard I was fooling around with the person I was seeing before him (which wasn't true). So last night we texted back and forth a few times and it seemed fine... Then today I texted two messages, one said "hey" -hoping I would get a response. The second I said "it would be nice to meet up, I head home sunday, let me know."

I just dont understand. It seems my ex was just checking up on me to see if I still missed him and liked him. It seems that he is confused. It seems that he wanted to get in contact with me again but then saw that there was still past things coming up and others being involved still. Should I call or walk over to his place to talk? Or do I wait and see if he contacts again

Don't go over there and definitely dot call. You're gonna seem needy and he's gonna get an ego boost off of seeing how persistent u are to get his attention. He could be playing the 'busy' game where they keep u itching and waiting or he really could just be busy. Don't wait on his message or ur an drive itself crazy. My ex does that...emails and texts and then replies 5-6 days later. If he was interested again he wouldn't be playing these games.