her family got involved in the break-up

A little background on my story: My ex and I have been together for 2 years and she recently had feelings of needing to be independent and explore the world. She's 21 and I'm 24. She started college at 15 and wasn't really able to enjoy going out and exploring the world because her family is very conservative. We got together when she was 19 and it has been a great 2 years. The thing is I still want her back but I know I should let her go for now and I made that decision 3 days ago. It was a good break-up and I told her that if ever in the future I can re-enter her life but not right now.

Well here's the part it gets interesting 2 days after the break-up i get a call on my phone from an international number. I thought it might have been a wrong number or somebody just misdialed my number. When I answered it, it was my ex's DAD and he just talked to me to see how I was. He wanted to let me know that I am a good guy and he would support me and her daughter getting back together in the future 100%. I told her maybe in the future but not right now. He also said he wants to see me when he visits (by the way the dad works in Dubai). After we said our goodbyes I was shocked and didn't know what to do, I just took it in stride and still didn't call her. When i got home, I logged on to my Facebook and saw a message from my Ex's mom. She asked me how I was doing and told me that i'll always be welcomed in their family.

May I just ask what the hell is going on?? I mean my ex wanted to break-up to explore the world and date other people and travel and study abroad. But what gives? Why are the parents involved now? This is all strange to me please help me if you can...

BewitchedandBothered
A little background on my story: My ex and I have been together for 2 years and she recently had feelings of needing to be independent and explore the world. She's 21 and I'm 24. She started college at 15 and wasn't really able to enjoy going out and exploring the world because her family is very conservative. We got together when she was 19 and it has been a great 2 years. The thing is I still want her back but I know I should let her go for now and I made that decision 3 days ago. It was a good break-up and I told her that if ever in the future I can re-enter her life but not right now.

Well here's the part it gets interesting 2 days after the break-up i get a call on my phone from an international number. I thought it might have been a wrong number or somebody just misdialed my number. When I answered it, it was my ex's DAD and he just talked to me to see how I was. He wanted to let me know that I am a good guy and he would support me and her daughter getting back together in the future 100%. I told her maybe in the future but not right now. He also said he wants to see me when he visits (by the way the dad works in Dubai). After we said our goodbyes I was shocked and didn't know what to do, I just took it in stride and still didn't call her. When i got home, I logged on to my Facebook and saw a message from my Ex's mom. She asked me how I was doing and told me that i'll always be welcomed in their family.

May I just ask what the hell is going on?? I mean my ex wanted to break-up to explore the world and date other people and travel and study abroad. But what gives? Why are the parents involved now? This is all strange to me please help me if you can...

They all want to make sure you're not living your life; maybe hoping you are crying over her. IGNORE. These people are NOT part of your life anymore.

Translation, she wants to bang other people. At least she didn't cheat on you then give you this excuse (hopefully). There's no reason she can't be independent and "explore the world" with or without you while in a relationship.

The parents are probably a little disappointed in the breakup because they think you are a good guy who treated her well (I'm guessing). Maybe they're just being courteous.

The forums could give you more clarity if we have more details about the relationship. How you treated each other, what you were like etc with brutal honesty.

• Author

Hey Guys, here's the whole story.. She's 21 right and she hasn't been able to get out there and have fun. She has minimal friends and has a hard time making friends. She is a great person and I love her dearly. The thing is she came to a realization that she felt trapped in the relationship and thought that if this continued it would end her life. She has so many plans in the future and wants to experience the world. I know this sounds weird to most of you but it is a perfect time for her to go out there and see the world as it is.. She's 21 has a good job, money and the like. I treated her very well, like a princess. I also moved out of town for my job and maybe that is where the feelings started cause she felt abandoned. She felt like while I was away she was under a microscope. And before everything else, she told me that she loved me very much and I am the right person at the wrong time.. If she were 26 she would without a doubt continue this relationship and probably marry me. She told me I'm the complete package already... What should I make of this? Was she just trying to make the break-up easier for me?

BewitchedandBothered
Hey Guys, here's the whole story.. She's 21 right and she hasn't been able to get out there and have fun. She has minimal friends and has a hard time making friends. She is a great person and I love her dearly. The thing is she came to a realization that she felt trapped in the relationship and thought that if this continued it would end her life. She has so many plans in the future and wants to experience the world. I know this sounds weird to most of you but it is a perfect time for her to go out there and see the world as it is.. She's 21 has a good job, money and the like. I treated her very well, like a princess. I also moved out of town for my job and maybe that is where the feelings started cause she felt abandoned. She felt like while I was away she was under a microscope. And before everything else, she told me that she loved me very much and I am the right person at the wrong time.. If she were 26 she would without a doubt continue this relationship and probably marry me. She told me I'm the complete package already... What should I make of this? Was she just trying to make the break-up easier for me?

Yes. Dumpers seem to read from the same script.

• Author

Do I still have a shot with her?? I really want to work things out with her.. Or should I let her go?

I'm sorry, but all her excuses are textbook insecure early 20s GIGS type nonsense. You need to let her go, work on yourself, get fit, get smart, get amazing, learn how to be single and content and then meet a real woman who isn't so childish. You will then look back and laugh at this girl.

Boynextdoor

Hey dude! Cheer up! I know the feeling. been there also. My ex-gf is 21 as well but the scenario is not quite parallel because she is taking up her reviews for her nursing board exam.

Well we all know that this is really trying and nerve racking. Now here I go stumbled and preoccupied as well with things in life. I was in the verge of resigning my position at work and needed some1 to talk to. So as her stumbled stressed with her reviews and really piled up with **** like me.

We ended up blasting each other that led to bringing back old memories of arguements that are off that would question our relationship.

But then dude we are learning creatures right? When the storm came last oct which I admit it was my fault. I tried to bring things up because she was so sad and I can see it in her face that she's so hurt. I decided to focus on her alone and nothing but her.

Up until we both graduated and excited to really make it official. Now there is when "real storm comes in" I was in the verge of resgning and the co. tried to talk me out and my feelings were 50/50 its like will I take it or not?

Now she was trying to tell me something which is not totally about her or us. So to cut it short we had a small arguement that resulted to a very big big one. Considering that both of us are so stressed with life and all that **** has to offer.

Her parents mainly her mom is giving me so much support that I must not give up on her daughter that everything will be fine in no time. So as her bestfriend since high school. even though she thinks that my ex is not the type of person that goes back with exes.

But then everything is situational dude. Nothing is certain to negativity and positivity. Only you can tell and your partner if what you had was real.

Time will really tell if both of you are worthy of each other. So hold on to your belief mate keep fighting the good fight. Move on but not really forget her in the sense that you have to be a total jerk / sour grape.

If you think she is worth it. Prepare yourself! while you're doing the NC thing keep it cool keep on doing the things that will inspire you. Go to the gym, enjoy life, mingle with people (but not the point of making a fool of yourself with other ladies).

Good things will happen to those who wait. regardless of the situation if its hopeless or not.

You have to work with your "LOOP HOLE" :lmao:

• Author

Hey boynextdoor, thanks man.. I will do what I can to improve myself first. I went to mass and talked to a priest, he said that all in God's time... I mean she may not be the one but the memories of her will last a long time.. And she might even consider me the one that got away right??? I know GIGS and all of the that and I understand women are very difficult to understand... All I know is that one day if the right one comes along then the timing will be perfect..

Boynextdoor
Hey boynextdoor, thanks man.. I will do what I can to improve myself first. I went to mass and talked to a priest, he said that all in God's time... I mean she may not be the one but the memories of her will last a long time.. And she might even consider me the one that got away right??? I know GIGS and all of the that and I understand women are very difficult to understand... All I know is that one day if the right one comes along then the timing will be perfect..

Im feeling the same thing dude. I always pray to get a second chance with her. Because I know our love was real and not that easy to throw away.

She may have hated me now and I understand that. But maybe in time she may realize or may not.

She made it clear to me already when she texted me few days back. Showed it to lots of people already to ask for advice.

Most women says it looks final. Some dude says you're progressing with the NC thing. Everything is uncertain.

In time our feelings and what we had will be considered or not. By that time I have to be prepared also.

But if you're to ask me 2nd chance is what I look for. She's all worth it!:lmao:

• Author

You're right NC will prepare us for anything.. We have to look at Ourselves first and improve.. If we can do that, we can do anything.. A lot of people will notice and once that day comes, our market value will sky rocket even more...

Boynextdoor
You're right NC will prepare us for anything.. We have to look at Ourselves first and improve.. If we can do that, we can do anything.. A lot of people will notice and once that day comes, our market value will sky rocket even more...

Lock it bro! We've both done our part. As long as our intentions are clean there is nothng to worry!

Change comes from within! Perseverance is the key!