The case for still seeing your ex...

crazyaboutcrazy

Conventional wisdom tells me that I should avoid my ex fiancee who moved out 6 weeks ago, but I've found that the more time we spend together, the clearer things become.

Sure, I made a lot of mistakes early on by continuing to take her out when she asked so that she could vent at me, and the nights we went out drinking together and letting it feel like old times until she remembers how pissed she is at me and asks me to take her home to her new place...

As the weeks have progressed and she has begin to calm down, whenever I see her I'm catching out her lies, noticing her insecurities and realising that I could never have made her happy anyway and was completely miserable for much of the year we were together.

If I had ceased all contact I would still be thinking about 'what I had lost' and how great she was through rose-coloured glasses instead of the seeing a troubled and deeply unhappy woman who I allowed to cause so much damage over every aspect of my life.

That being said, it still hurts like hell and I will need to cut all ties soon but I prefer to see her for what she is rather than pine for what she wasn't.

Edited by crazyaboutcrazy
typo: should be 'still seeing your ex'
  • Like 1

You are doing what I always recommend my friends.

Its sooo gonna save you so much time to heal,wait and see.

Heads up!

Conventional wisdom tells me that I should avoid my ex fiancee who moved out 6 weeks ago, but I've found that the more time we spend together, the clearer things become.

Sure, I made a lot of mistakes early on by continuing to take her out when she asked so that she could vent at me, and the nights we went out drinking together and letting it feel like old times until she remembers how pissed she is at me and asks me to take her home to her new place...

As the weeks have progressed and she has begin to calm down, whenever I see her I'm catching out her lies, noticing her insecurities and realising that I could never have made her happy anyway and was completely miserable for much of the year we were together.

If I had ceased all contact I would still be thinking about 'what I had lost' and how great she was through rose-coloured glasses instead of the seeing a troubled and deeply unhappy woman who I allowed to cause so much damage over every aspect of my life.

That being said, it still hurts like hell and I will need to cut all ties soon but I prefer to see her for what she is rather than pine for what she wasn't.

Maybe you dont need to break up, maybe you just needed to slow it down first and see how it goes. There is no harm in trying to work on the problems. But at some point when you are ready to move to the next chapter in life, you will have to let go fully and unfortunately it will hurt regardless.