my ex-boyfriend unblocked me on facebook?!

JengleBells83

My ex and I dated for a few months last summer, were insanely in love with eachother - had a rough couple of weeks at the end, and we broke up. 7 days later he started dating someone else (is still with her). We had a huge blow up at the end of sept. 2011, and he blocked me on facebook. And I have been blocked for almost 7 months...up until Monday night. We were also friends for 2 years prior to us dating.

We had no contact for like 3 months, then about a month ago, i texted him and asked him how his night was going- he did respond, basically just one word responses though. I proceded to tell him i felt bad how things went down between us, and hoped that we could call a truce and be friends. he didn't respond. So about a week ago, I had been drinking (woops) and asked him if he was going to this festival that is this weekend (that we always went to). No response again. So I just left it. I noticed that he had unblocked me Monday night, after i saw that he commented on a mutual friends picture. He hasn't contacted me or friend requested me...just thought it was weird and kind of out of the blue...is it possible he wants to be friends again? Any insight into what triggered this? I know he had to have been thinking about me, to unblock me...

Better_Days

Something you should know about the facebook,

you can set your privacy level so that no one can search for you.

This means I won't be able to see you even on my mutual friend's friend list.

This can lead me to believe that you blocked me but really, I just cant search your profile or look from mutual friend's friend list.

Why I am saying this is because he could very well set his privacy setting back to normal because maybe someone wanted to add him on facebook and was unsuccessful and told him what's up. Possibility is low but this happened to me before.

OR

maybe he did unblock you and wants to see if you are going to beg and let him control you the way he wants. If he had an intention to work things out, he would've responded to your texts, not unblock you on facebook to see if you add him first.

His one word answers tell you he wasn't intending to engage you in conversation.

Then you kept after him - so he pulled the maneuver that people choose when they don't want to engage - he ignored you and your silly questions.

He doesn't want to talk to you.

• Author
JengleBells83

No..I had switched to timeline a long time ago...and apparently so has he (our mutual friend is still friends with him). Thats not it.

Well, thats my question--if he doesn't want to talk to me/ care...then why would he even bother unblocking me?! Doesn't make sense.

..Unless he is just looking to get under my skin or something...not sure.

No..I had switched to timeline a long time ago...and apparently so has he (our mutual friend is still friends with him). Thats not it.

Well, thats my question--if he doesn't want to talk to me/ care...then why would he even bother unblocking me?! Doesn't make sense.

I think you are reading too much into this. He could have cleared that list completely and maybe he will block you again. You should block him I think and not contact him again. Best to move on and stop wondering.

• Like 2
I think you are reading too much into this. He could have cleared that list completely and maybe he will block you again. You should block him I think and not contact him again. Best to move on and stop wondering.

I totally agree. I am truly glad that I was the one to unfriend and block my ex first. He clearly doesn't want you in his life. He is with someone else. Unfriend and block him. Be done with it.

Or you can just ask him. If you are really curious as to why he unblocked you, ask him. What's the worst that can happen? He realises and blocks you again? Big deal!

• Like 1
My ex and I dated for a few months last summer, were insanely in love with eachother - had a rough couple of weeks at the end, and we broke up. 7 days later he started dating someone else (is still with her). We had a huge blow up at the end of sept. 2011, and he blocked me on facebook. And I have been blocked for almost 7 months...up until Monday night. We were also friends for 2 years prior to us dating.

We had no contact for like 3 months, then about a month ago, i texted him and asked him how his night was going- he did respond, basically just one word responses though. I proceded to tell him i felt bad how things went down between us, and hoped that we could call a truce and be friends. he didn't respond. So about a week ago, I had been drinking (woops) and asked him if he was going to this festival that is this weekend (that we always went to). No response again. So I just left it. I noticed that he had unblocked me Monday night, after i saw that he commented on a mutual friends picture. He hasn't contacted me or friend requested me...just thought it was weird and kind of out of the blue...is it possible he wants to be friends again? Any insight into what triggered this? I know he had to have been thinking about me, to unblock me...

if he wanted anything to do with you, he would contact you and tell you. you're looking for something that isn't there.

one time i added a total stranger as a friend on facebook and they said yes! i kinda think it means that she wants to marry me since she accepted.

it's FACEBOOK. it doesn't mean anything about adding, deleting, blocking, etc. he isn't contacting you, which means, he doesn't want to communicate with you.

• Like 1

Sheez, I'm sure he's not thinking that much about you. IF he was - he would have been more interested in lengthy exchanges and flirty behavior... But he didn't do that.

Let it go.

• Author
JengleBells83

Yes, I realize that he probably doesn't give 2 ****s about me, but its just odd that he would unblock me...

I had a really good date the night before he unblocked me, and I posted about it on facebook...wondering if it somehow made it through the grapevine back to him...

In any event, he had obviously been thinking about me to take the time to unblock me...right?! I mean why even do it when you don't care....I always thought that after things had cooled between us that we'd be able to go back to b eing friends...orrr not... :p

Yes, I realize that he probably doesn't give 2 ****s about me, but its just odd that he would unblock me...

I had a really good date the night before he unblocked me, and I posted about it on facebook...wondering if it somehow made it through the grapevine back to him...

In any event, he had obviously been thinking about me to take the time to unblock me...right?! I mean why even do it when you don't care....I always thought that after things had cooled between us that we'd be able to go back to b eing friends...orrr not... :p

I think you are over analyzing this to death. I've unblocked people before just out of curiosity. Curiosity. Nothing more.

Instead of harping on why he unblocked you, maybe you should remember the fact that he's also ignored you twice, and just recently might I add.

You don't be friends when things have cooled off. You be friends when you have no emotional ties whatsoever. Your post is an indication that you are clearly not ready and that you're still clinging on to your attachment to him.