Angry,Angry,Angry!!

Just posting an update on my situation. I have now been broke up with my ex girlfriend for 2 months. See my previous posts for the story. Time has got easier and I haven't contacted her now for over a month and have felt stronger for it. We were together for nearly six years and she left because she said I wasnt pushing forward with our relationship but she knows that I bought a ring and had a proposal planned. When she decided to move out I told her all my future plans with her but she still left saying she was confused. Anyways, i got a text from her last sunday asking if there were some picture frames in the loft that were her mums. I told my friend Katherine to tell her that I did look but they were not there. I didnt want to break nc. Then tonight I get a phone call from her mum asking me the same thing. I explained that I had looked etc and asked how the family was. When she mentioned my ex she proceeded to break down crying badly. I told her to calm down and compose herself. She explained that Georgia (ex) was struggling and had been constantly run down. I just shrugged it off and she then said that everyone had been struggling with our breakup. I didnt say much but her mum was then started telling me that i had pushed her daughter away and that when she came back from travelling she wanted everything with me (engagement, house etc). I was not distant but hesitant because she came back with a lot of debt and never showed me enthusiasm to help me save. She would rather buy clothes, shoes etc. I feel like im being made to feel guilty and thats its all my fault when all i done was love her unconditionally and provide for her (i even paid all her rent for four months when she went travelling). All I have heard from her and he mum is that I pushed her away and that theres a lot of things I didnt do rather than all the things I have. Her mum said that i dented her self esteem and that Georgia felt unloved and that i didnt want her??! Its not fair. I never cheated, hit her or cursed at her and given her all I could apart from the bigger things (kids, marriage etc). Her mums phone call tonight has angered me and put me back a step. I just want to be left alone to heal and get my self worth back. I love the girl but have to move on as it was her choice to leave me..thanks for reading

Philosoraptor

Well they only get to hear one side of the story and have no reason to doubt their daughter. Feelings also tend to get exaggerated when we are in a downward spiral. Don't let it ruin you.

You sound as if you've got a good head on your shoulders and seem to be handling the breakup rather maturely. You're completely right... It wasn't your fault in the least. There is a lot of finger pointing going on and it sounds like she's using you as an excuse. There just may be more going on in her mind than she may be telling you.

Keep up with the NC and you'll be just fine. You'll either get over the breakup and move on or she'll return. However, I strongly urge you to seriously consider it before letting her back into your life. Someone who up and leaves like that will usually do it again and again until you put a stop to it. You're better than that.