How do you deal with seeing your ex with someone else for the first time?

How do you deal with seeing your ex with someone else for the first time?

I work about 200metres away from where my ex works and I also live in a fairly small city, so I am guaranteed to see her with the guy she left me for and whom she works with. I have never seen this guy, and I never want to, but I know at some point I'm going to have to. The very thought of seeing my ex with someone else just eats me up inside. I'm even tempted to quit my job and move interstate just so that I can avoid the situation. Everytime I think about it I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

Has anyone out there gone through a similar thing? How have you coped with it? What happened and what did you do when you saw you ex with someone else for the first time? Is it worth going out of you way to avoid seeing it?

Originally posted by Tommyp

Is it worth going out of you way to avoid seeing it?

No. It hurts, yes, but in a way, it also helps. The more you see that she's over you, the more you'll become over her. Of course, that's assuming you handle it properly. You can't let her eat you up inside, you have to let grief take its course, and moving across the state is just running from your problems.

An ex is an ex for a REASON! Hello! Let's see now, why do you care? Why do you give this ex the power over you still?

What you do is nothing. If you run into her with her new man , you hold your head up high and smile and say hello and walk on! It is that simple! You way to involved with her emotionally still!

She is with another man, as hard as this is move on and do not spend one more moment thinking about this!

I understand your pain! I been there1 I behaved just as foolish as half this board did but I tell you what, it happened once and never again. Want to know why? I CHANGED!

There are many beautiful and single healthy people out there. Clean yourself up of this desperation to want to live in chaos and be with partners that do not want to be with you and find someone worthy of you.

This is all about you!

I had this happen once quite a while ago but, for me, it was such a shock, the actual seeing the two of them, that I couldn't say anything (thank goodness) Also, my pride kicked in (Which I didn't expect) and enabled me to keep my head up high as previously mentioned. The old ego kicked in and said, you can do better and it's their loss.

I hope this happens to you. Or, since you are dreading it why not put the ball in your court. When your feel ready to handle it put yourself in a situation where you could run into them maybe with a date of your own. Not to look as though you did it on purpose of course. But, then it's over with and you aren't wondering when it will happen. Just a thought.

The best part is when you do run into her and you wonder what you ever saw in her and can breath easy again.

Keep your chin up in time it will get better. That I can promise you.