cant be friends with someone you love!

hey i need a bit of help, im not sure what i should do. me and my ex have been wanting to get it together for the past few months but we alwayz seem to argue. now we agreed just to be friends and its killin me cause i luv her so much. i know she loves me to cause she alwayz tells me. we hug constantly and it hurts me so bad. she doesnt know what im feeling. what should i do? please advise.

Pardon my total ignorance (I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer) but if you both want romance from each other but arguments are building a wall, why would it be any different in pusuing a friendship. Perhaps there would be less pressure in some circumstances. Depending on what the arguments are about, I would see no basis for a friendship. What purpose would the friendship serve but to keep the two of you in each other's lives to create more hurt?

Your objective should be to get at the basis of these arguments. You see, sane..intelligent homosapiens are capable of discussing things and working them out. I hope you consider yourselves in that genus. Healthy discussions are a significant tool in discovering more about each other. If you're not able to compromise and celebrate the differences between the two of you...and cave in a little on both sides...an ensuing friendship wouldn't be worth crap.

• Author

i tried talkin to her about working things out and why we argue. all she tells me is talkin about why u issnt goin to solve much, we will alwayz argue. how am i suppose to attack then?

I've found that two people who continue in a relationship full of bickering and arguing....become co-dependents to the drama of it all.....rather than mature lovers. Sometimes you can fix it....sometimes you can't.

If the relationship was all about arguing....so will the friendship. Unless you two find a way to get down to the root of the problem or get some counseling help.....chances are....nothing will ever change.

• Author

how should i come by things then? should i continue being friends knowing that ill get hurt seeing her with someone else and arguing all the time or shall i keep on trying?

I totally agree with everyoneelse, something HAS TO GIVE. You either both get help if you want to stay together or you both continue being trapped in that vicious cirlcle and dont get anywhere. Your choice.