How do you understand women?

So my girlfriend and I have been broken up for about 4 months. I still think about her everyday. She said she could not do the relationship anymore because it was too much. I have not really tried to to contact her at her request. In the last month my life has changed drastically. I moved away and accepted a new job. I got a phone call from her just after Christmas. We talked about how we both had been and I told her I missed her and still thought about her. She told me she still thinks of me a lot and wanted to get together for dinner sometime. She said she would check her schedule and get back to me. I have not heard anything since. I called her house and left messages but still nothing in return. What does this mean and what should I do about it? I am not waiting around for her but I don't see anything worth chasing either. I wish she would just talk to me and tell me what she is thinking so I don't wonder.

Yea, you would think that after you two have talked that she should at least have the decentcy to call you back.

How long has it been since you called her and she failed to call you back??

If she seemed pleasant and ok on the phone, I see no reason why she should not be able to speak to you know. Crazy women!! LOL

Maybe after you talked to her she had second thoughts. Obviously, I am sure you are thinking about that.

Wait it out or give her one more call.

I think alot of times when it gets around the holidays, people get lonely and maybe call their ex's. I mean if she were serious about getting together with you for dinner, wouldnt she have returned your calls by now? I have always had a three call rule. Meaning, I call no more than three times, if the person does not return my call by the third time, I do not call anymore. By then I figure they are just giving me a hint.

I applaud you for being strong enough to move away and accept a new job. That must have been tough! I think you are on the right road by just living your life, this woman seems to not know what she wants. Why let her bring you down as well? Go live your life, if its meant to be it will be. If not, so be it. You cant make something happen. Hold your head up high, go out if you meet someone who you like and if this girl ever gets her head on straight then deal with her, if not I wouldnt sweat it!

I too was in a similar situation. My ex wanted to go back w/me 2 months after she dumped me, so I began chasing her. When I did chase, she told me to go "live my life." What a mistake to even entertain the possibility! I don't understand women for the life of me...and don't think any man ever will. LOL

I don't think it's 'female' related. Males can respond....or not respond....much the same way. It's the whole 'love thing' which keeps us so perplexed.

I agree with Alley. You've made the effort....she hasn't responded. Chances are....she doesn't want to have to tell you face to face that her feelings regarding you and the relationship haven't changed. Her original call was probably a holiday gesture.

...for the record....it's more than I got from my ex.....hahahaha!........

Some things....you just have to walk away from....while shaking you head.