We are talking again so how should move forward?

It's been awhile since I posted but I won't go into too much detail. My ex started contacting me a lot and I do want to get back together so we have hung out a couple of times, a little bit of making out and spending nights together (only two nights I'm a busy person). No sex but still more than just hanging out and talking. She has been saying how nice it is to see me, loves me, I'm so sweet and everything. She isn't seeing anyone but I am starting to get the feeling that she just wants to be friends again. I don't but I'm not sure if I tell her in person or over the phone or what? I want to say it was nice hanging out and being together but I'm not going to be your friend. I want to hold my ground and tell her either we are dating or we are nothing. I don't want to come off as a jerk but I don't want to be emotionally pushed around again. Hopefully I get some help with this one. Have a great day everyone! :laugh:

Philosoraptor

Has she shown the emotional maturity needed for the relationship to get past the obstacle that ended it before? If not you will most likely end up hurt again if things progress.

If she has then take it slow. There is no need to rush into anything or force anything if this person is in it for the long haul.

Stand your ground. Ask her where this is going. If she wants it to lead somewhere then you need to ask her how she has changed and what she has done to correct her part of the issues that ended the relationship.

• Author

Thanks, I reallyt don't think anything has changed but I don't know cause I have not asked her yet. I want to know sooner than later. I'm not trying to rush anything though. I like the fact we can do things on our own so not trying to get to the point where we hang out 24/7 or anyhthing like that. Just don't know if I ask her this in person or not. I like doing things in person though so I guess we will just have to hang out again and I will ask what she wants. Thanks again.