Just unfriended her on Facebook

Anyone else feel kinda bad if they've done this? After everything she's put me through and how bad she has made me feel I still kinda feel like the bad guy deleting her. Dunno how I feel about it now, wondering whether it was the right thing to do..

Psh, i deleted her the day we broke up. Its not that horrible, she is still there. She can still message you and stalk your facebook. Its totally understandable if you don't want to see her status updates and everything man. I went as far as blocking my ex, and i sent her a message before i did it.

My ex however left me for another guy, and while leading me on i walked in on both of them. So i had reason for what i did i believe.

I deleted my ex from FB too, the very week we broke up.

It felt bad at first.

Then it felt great knowing it was a sign of moving on.

Don't feel bad for doing that..I'm guessing she dumped you..she wanted you out of her life so give her what she wants.

It's actually a good thing to do..now you won't be snooping around on there seeing pictures of her and reading what she's up to... that will just set you back.

After I was dumped it took me two weeks to finally get the courage to un-friend her and I don't regret it at all.

Yea its the best way of going about it. You aren't trying to one-up the person, you're just trying to help yourself out. I deleted my ex on thursday, she deleted her entire facebook on friday. Its just the easiest way to move on, and FB can haunt you if you're trying to get over someone.

Yea its the best way of going about it. You aren't trying to one-up the person, you're just trying to help yourself out. I deleted my ex on thursday, she deleted her entire facebook on friday. Its just the easiest way to move on, and FB can haunt you if you're trying to get over someone.

... That means she probably blocked you if it says she isn't there... lol

... That means she probably blocked you if it says she isn't there... lol

No it looks like she deleted it lol. People that I'm friends with and aren't really that close to us asked what happened and told me she dropped facebook. Not that it really matters anyway, I was considering the same thing

Nah it's natural to feel bad about it! But it has to be done, believe me. I unfriended and blocked by ex, I actually sent her a message first though because we still have to be civil with each other since we're execs in an organization, and she had an incredibly emotional response back, and she said she didn't agree with it but she understood why I had to do it. So no matter how bad it feels for either of you, it's incredibly necessary in order to move on. I hadn't done it for 6 months after we broke up but it got to the point where I honestly didn't think I was moving on and it's been a month and a half since I unfriended and blocked her, and I feel I have made 5x more progress without those constant reminders of her online. And not just Facebook, I deleted her from BBM, Skype, MSN, etc. Unfortunately, it all has to go!

All the best.

I also deleted my ex because i saw she was liking this guy's profil picture and he was kind of the reason we broke up. I got really mad when i saw it, texted her some bull**** and deleted her on facebook.

Now after a while we can still conversate and yesterday she gave me a hug at the club and stuff, even though i deleted her about a month ago.

Just remember that she hasn't dissapeared from the world because you aren't her friend on facebook anymore. And one day if you get past the hurt and move on you can become her friend again maybe.

I realised that the only reason i felt bad for deleting her was because somewhere i was still hoping for another chance, and this isn't a healthy thought anyways, so i know it was for the best.

I deleted my ex too. I didn't want to be reminded of the fact that I was no longer in his life and that he was moving on without me - adding other girls (nobody in his friendship circle I'd ever heard of) and posting ignorant/hurtful statuses. Why would I want to have that stomach drop/sick feeling every time I see his name pop up on screen? No thank you. Buh-bye!!

It depends on how the break up occured - if it was bad, cheating, nasty, then delete and block, no question. You don't need people like that in your life and Facebook just keeps them there. However, if the split was mutual but by doing so it hurts to see their updates and the rest, then delete but the only difference being you can explain why you've deleted them (just to reiterate, only when the split is mutual - not nasty and the two are still friendly towards each other).

Mine has been deleted for 9 months now and although I still occasionally hear from her, not knowing about her life is so much better. Yeah, it's hard wandering and in the early days I did stupid things to try and find out, but ignorance truly is bliss when it comes to break ups.

I deleted my ex too. I didn't want to be reminded of the fact that I was no longer in his life and that he was moving on without me - adding other girls (nobody in his friendship circle I'd ever heard of) and posting ignorant/hurtful statuses. Why would I want to have that stomach drop/sick feeling every time I see his name pop up on screen? No thank you. Buh-bye!!

Exactly!! that stomach drop/sick feeling is completely right! I kept saying how could she intentionally keep putting the statuses that she puts. All the guys she added. Good looking successful guys. I told her I was going to take her off and she asked me not to she said she likes knowing what is going on in my life. So for quite some time I kept her on and tortured myself to death I would spend a whole day going back and forth between skype facebook google every one of them waiting for a stupid status change. Sickening I know!!

It was the absolute best thing I ever did. It was my little way of rejecting her back(even if in my own mind). I almost felt instant relief followed by regret and then relief again. It has helped me move on so much faster.

My ex is so narcissistic that she really doesn't even think about how much she hurts anyone in her path. Do it let go of them in the virtual world so that you can let go of them in the real world! Hehe I just made that up! You can quote it!

Holy crap. Listen to you guys. If you are even men. You sound like a bunch of 17-year-old girls!

"I unfriended her."

"She blocked me on Facebook."

"I dont want to see her status updates."

"The other guy was posting on her wall."

Ugh. Time for some tough love.

Man o'man has Facebook turned you'all into a bunch of pussies! As an outsider reading these posts you guys don't sound like men at all. I mean really could you see Steve McQueen or John Wayne crying and agonizing over all this useless Facebook crap? It's pathetic.

Delete Facebook, leave the house, go do something manly and grow a frikkin' spine before your balls run away to look for a new host. And I am saying this out of kindness, not being malicious at all.

Seriously.

Well aren't you a lovely chap.

:D

Ya I am the proverbial anti-christ because I am telling you that you sound like a 17-year-old girl. "I just unfriended her of Facebook.... Now I feel bad... Waaaaaaaaa." LMFAO!

Seriously Cmac, are you a man or a chick? Who the hell cares what happens of Facebook? Consider me a drill sergeant for your manhood. A man wouldn't give two craps about A) Facebook, and B) what happens on there. Time you'all did too.

Take the power back where it belongs and screw Facebook and what happens there. It's a false virtual reality that doesn't mean squat here in the real world. Man up dude, go play some paintball, do burnouts in your car, rock climb, go have beers with "the guys," and stop blubbering like a chick about stupid pointless Facebook soap opera crap. You'll feel 1000 times better about yourself.

Good luck.

YellowShark, as much as you are right you are wrong.

Your view on facebook is true, but your view on love isn't.

It can hurt to get over someone you still care alot for, and you WILL over think pretty much anything about this one person. That goes for facebook or anything else.

Maybe you haven't tried it, maybe you have (considering you are on this forum i would expect you have)

Yes getting out and doing things (no they don't have to be "manly") is the best after a break up, but there is no damn way of ignoring your feelings or getting rid of them at will, if there was there wouldn't be any use of a forum like this.