ThanksGiving Emptiness and Empty Nest?

Well, here is a holiday I knew I would fear. For the last three years, it was held at my house, with my family, my ex, her Mom, my exes two kids which were like mine. I asked my family not to consider having it my house because I'm just not ready. I still feel a huge loss, a hole and like something is missing. Only time will cure this. . Geeee, I can't wait for Christmas. Last year, I said the heck with the nieghbors and anyone driving by. I put all my Christmas lights in the back yard so the kids, and us could enjoy them. I loved doing things like that with the kids. It was like a Christmas Wonder Land back there and they loved it. But you know. I do give myself a pat on the back for being a good dad to her kids, a good man to her, and happy that I least got to provide them with a stable, loving environment for three years. Too bad their Mom is an emotionally unstable woman. But I know those kids will never forget me, and I'll never forget them...... everyone here try to have a great Holiday, enjoy time with your family and friends even though many of us probably will be feeling like a part of us is missing on such a special day. But you know, this too shall pass. : )

yeah i'm feeling it now. i would be havin thanksgiving right now with my ex her mom and baby drother and my best friend. and tomorrow she would come with me to my grandparents. but nooooooo. her loss. grams' makes the best dinner. lol

yeah i'm feeling it now. i would be havin thanksgiving right now with my ex her mom and baby drother and my best friend. and tomorrow she would come with me to my grandparents. but nooooooo. her loss. grams' makes the best dinner. lol

I know what you mean. My ex-boyfriend broke up with me three weeks ago. We have been together for four years. I'm really down thinking about tomorrow. I only celebrate the holidays with my mom and dad. So I would go to his families house and feel like I had a big family. Now, tomorrow is the first holiday without him. I'm so sad :(

same boat here as you guys soo not looking forward to a thanksgiving AND christmas oh joy i'm hopping it doesn't even come

I feel the same exact way. Can't wait till the holidays are over.

Hi guys,

I'm Michelle I just joined. My ex broke up with me a month and a day ago,and I want him back badly. Thanksgiving is making me miss him even more,too. Maybe they should just do away with holidays like this because it makes some people feel down or worse. I guess it being a time when so many gather with people they love makes me miss him even more. I last saw him a little more than 2 weeks ago when I went to see him. He said he needed time,I dont know maybe he does. I hope so. But he isn't contacting me and he hasn't replied to me. I hope things get better soon for all of us. Halloween is my favorite holiday anyway lol. :)

Yea me too, I'm happy for those who have someone in their life or family but for me,,,, the holidays suck.

For some reason I was hoping to hear from her today,,,tomorrow but I know that's not gonna happen, she's happy with her ex.

Probably for the best though.

I wasnt dating him last Thanksgiving yet..but I remember we went to a friends house exactly a year go and watched movies and he held my hand the whole time and yea back then everyone would accuse us of flirting too much and I reaaally liked him but wasn't sure if he liked ME. I guess when he held m hand throughout the movie I felt so special...and now its sad to think about that :(

I agree that the holidays are hard. They're just sad reminders. Today I just felt lost, and overwhelmingly lonely, despite getting to see part of my family tomorrow, and despite spending today around a lot of people in public. My dad passed away a year and a half ago, and that sense of loss still/always will linger. I still feel massive pain over my ex, who broke up with me 3 months ago. We weren't ever together long enough for the holidays, but it hurts knowing our relationship was just nothing, me being led on/used, and that he treated its end like flipping a light switch off. Wish I never met him.

The holidays just remind me that I'm just a frigging loser, with all my shortcomings and lonliness.

perfectlyflawed459
Well, here is a holiday I knew I would fear. For the last three years, it was held at my house, with my family, my ex, her Mom, my exes two kids which were like mine. I asked my family not to consider having it my house because I'm just not ready. I still feel a huge loss, a hole and like something is missing. Only time will cure this. . Geeee, I can't wait for Christmas. Last year, I said the heck with the nieghbors and anyone driving by. I put all my Christmas lights in the back yard so the kids, and us could enjoy them. I loved doing things like that with the kids. It was like a Christmas Wonder Land back there and they loved it. But you know. I do give myself a pat on the back for being a good dad to her kids, a good man to her, and happy that I least got to provide them with a stable, loving environment for three years. Too bad their Mom is an emotionally unstable woman. But I know those kids will never forget me, and I'll never forget them...... everyone here try to have a great Holiday, enjoy time with your family and friends even though many of us probably will be feeling like a part of us is missing on such a special day. But you know, this too shall pass. : )

I think the fact that it is Thanksgiving has been eating at me all day, which is why I do feel a little blue today. I had Thanksgiving with his family last year and met his whole dad's side and clicked with them instantly. I literally was part of the family in their house and I miss every single one of them to pieces, along with him of course. But you are right, we have a lot to be thankful for not only tomorrow, but every single day we wake up alive :)

I think the fact that it is Thanksgiving has been eating at me all day, which is why I do feel a little blue today. I had Thanksgiving with his family last year and met his whole dad's side and clicked with them instantly. I literally was part of the family in their house and I miss every single one of them to pieces, along with him of course. But you are right, we have a lot to be thankful for not only tomorrow, but every single day we wake up alive :)

Yep same here. My ex.s family adored me and I miss them too. Wonder how they feel now with her ex. who they did'nt really like?

I was only with my ex for almost 3 months but I dont think that matters. Feelings are feelings and I have strong feelings for him and wanthim back. But yeah we obviously werent together last Thanksgiving. But Thanksgiving made me miss him a little more today. I guess because you typically gather with people u care about on Thanksgiving if you celebrate him,so it makes me wish even more that we were still together. He won't even talk to me now either but he said he needs time. I hope that's true. I am sorry about your ex. You are not a loser either.

I agree that the holidays are hard. They're just sad reminders. Today I just felt lost, and overwhelmingly lonely, despite getting to see part of my family tomorrow, and despite spending today around a lot of people in public. My dad passed away a year and a half ago, and that sense of loss still/always will linger. I still feel massive pain over my ex, who broke up with me 3 months ago. We weren't ever together long enough for the holidays, but it hurts knowing our relationship was just nothing, me being led on/used, and that he treated its end like flipping a light switch off. Wish I never met him.

The holidays just remind me that I'm just a frigging loser, with all my shortcomings and lonliness.