Ex detagging facebook photo's of you

Was just on my facebook there and happened to notice that the number of photos I was tagged in has decreased by 3.

I went and had a look at my photos and I notice that a photo of me and her baby nephew from a few months ago has been removed. I'm no longer friends with her on facebook as I deleted her but the photos stay there never the less.

It was a really nice photo of me and the baby, one that a lot of people ciicked like on, I don't see why there was any need to remove it, she wasn't tagged in it, it was just in one of her albums.

I also notice that she hasn't removed tags from any of the other photos of us together at parties and so on, so why that one? (I can't notice the other ones are missing right now only this one)

I never did anything to her, she's the one that should be guilty so she has no reason to be cold or bitter and go about detagging a nice photo

Is this her way of getting a reaction? Or is she pissed that I've been NC?

Edited by MIK1000

You should have detagged yourself when you went into NC, don't give her the satisfaction. If you're still tagged on any of her photos then detag yourself and block her.

• Author
You should have detagged yourself when you went into NC, don't give her the satisfaction. If you're still tagged on any of her photos then detag yourself and block her.

I just don't want to appear bitter and give her the satisfaction of thinking she's managed to hurt me to the extent that I have to go about doing pointless things on facebook.

I didn't think you could stay tagged on photos she tagged if you defriended her.

No I don't think it's done to get a reaction out of you. That's a "family" photo, I don't think it's strange to remove it if you're not close anymore.

• Author
I didn't think you could stay tagged on photos she tagged if you defriended her.

No I don't think it's done to get a reaction out of you. That's a "family" photo, I don't think it's strange to remove it if you're not close anymore.

You're maybe right, I still think it's a strange action though, I'm not sure of the other two photo's that she detagged, but that was the only family one and i noticed it because I really liked the photo. It's really cute, me holding a baby on a cold windy day, the baby with a big hat over his wee head and me with my hood up. I don't see any reason for detagging it, that kid will always be dear to me, even if I never see him again and she wasn't tagged in the photo so it's not like she had to constantly look at it, or be reminded.

I detagged about 100 photos of me and the ex simply because i didnt want constant reminders of her. this really pissed her off though but i said why i did it. your scenario is different though i guess, seems pretty cold maybe you should mention to her

triphopper414

She wanted to get the last non-verbal last word in.

She probably is trying to punish you because one 1) she feels like she did nothing wrong; 2) she probably knew that you liked that picture and wanted to take it away from you or 3) she is trying to move on herself

Something similar happened to me. After almost 4 months of NC, I unfriended my ex on facebook because the bastard was seeing someone else even though he said he did not want a relationship. Then he blocked me. I laughed.

But seriously you need to unfriend her/remove her from facebook, linkedin, google+, twitter or any other social networking too. Scrub her out of your life!

I disagree with big guy, DO NOT mention it to her! Repeat DO NOT. She is probably trying to get a rise out of you. The best thing you can do to get the upper hand is to not reply. She may have taken the picture, but she can't take that memory away from you.

you definitely can... my exW blocked me last August, yet 10 or so pics of myself and our son (even a few with all 3 of us) were still tagged and showed up in my photos. Our divorce was final in July, and she is living with someone else. I noticed a few weeks ago she either deleted or untagged the pics, and is using her maiden name on FB even though legally she still is using my last name. Yea, it hurt.. but was to be expected.

I have just had all "our" Facebook pictures removed and there are no mentions of me or "our" relationship anywhere on Facebook, it hurts like hell but hopefully one day I'll be ok. :)

It's probably for both reasons. She prob knows it will get a reaction and she'll be looking for this if she's annoyed with you going nc.

Alternatively she might have though now was the right time to start removing any memories of you. I know that's hard to hear but is a possibility!

• Author
It's probably for both reasons. She prob knows it will get a reaction and she'll be looking for this if she's annoyed with you going nc.

Alternatively she might have though now was the right time to start removing any memories of you. I know that's hard to hear but is a possibility!

If it was the former reason then why wouldn't she detag the many other photos of us?

Someone above said that she probably feels like she's done nothing wrong and is trying to punish me. You might be right there as I've heard the account of what happened that she's given to her friends and it is extremely distorted, probably to relieve herself from the shame of her friends and maybe she's convinced herself that that's actually how it unfolded.

• Author
She wanted to get the last non-verbal last word in.

She probably is trying to punish you because one 1) she feels like she did nothing wrong; 2) she probably knew that you liked that picture and wanted to take it away from you or 3) she is trying to move on herself

Something similar happened to me. After almost 4 months of NC, I unfriended my ex on facebook because the bastard was seeing someone else even though he said he did not want a relationship. Then he blocked me. I laughed.

But seriously you need to unfriend her/remove her from facebook, linkedin, google+, twitter or any other social networking too. Scrub her out of your life!

I disagree with big guy, DO NOT mention it to her! Repeat DO NOT. She is probably trying to get a rise out of you. The best thing you can do to get the upper hand is to not reply. She may have taken the picture, but she can't take that memory away from you.

I deleted her straight away as soon as she dumped me. Then she blocked me after I sent a message a few days later basically telling her how her family and friends would think so low of her for doing this. Then she unblocked me a week or so later. I'm not going to bother blocking her though because i don't want her thinking that she's still on my mind. She's deleted, that's enough I think.

And no, don't worry, there's no chance i'll mention it to her and have no intention of contacting her.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Author

Noticed she detagged or removed another couple of photos of me/us just a couple of days ago but again, only a couple, not all.

Is she just chipping away at them? Taking away specific ones that she thinks I'll notice in order to get a rise out of me?

This is after last week, she contacted me and requested a meet up to return an extremely insignificant possession of mine, then just walked away from me without saying a word after handing it to me. Something I think she did to get me to beg or get me emotional, after all If anyone was going to be rude, it would be me.

Not that I gave her any sort of reaction.

Or am I just looking into everything too much?