Had a dream that me and the ex had sex...back to square 1

proteinshake25

proteinshake25

The dream itself was great, I was so happy and thrilled that we could reconcile everything. Then we made love in different settings, beach,home,hotel,etc. I wish I had just never woke up. I dunno why I let myself have theese dreams, when they wont come true. It's like my own sub concious is teasing me with something I cant have. Needless to say, I've just about fell back to square 1. Missing her all over again. I've had sex with 3 different girls since her. Not sure why someone I brokeup with 8 months ago would be the one I'm still dreaming of. On top of that, I gave in and peaked at her fb profile. She looks great, and I miss her a ton. We used to go to football games together, now I root for the team to loose. because her new bf is taking her to the games.

do you think maybe peaking at her fb profile may have helped fuel that dream? i mean 6 months on i still dream about my ex from time to time. but he'd mostly in the background. but nothing about sex. and i pretty much forget the dream not long after i wake up.

but try not to let the dreams bother you. they're just that. dreams. are there other things you can focus on? activities like reading, volunteering, etc. i take it with a screen name like protein shake you work probably out a lot. maybe there are some new routines you can try that'll help get rid of some of the frustration.

• Author
proteinshake25

thanks. I peaked at her fb profile after the dream occurred. Ya the gym is like the best part of my day, and the weekends are usually eventfull. It's the work day and evenings. I've been in Church as well, best thing that I ever could have done. I guess I just gotta keep fighting. My problem is the hoping. There was a span where I gave up hoping, and I was doing really well, didnt miss her much. But now I've falled back into that hoping pattern. It was re-triggerred from the dream, and a new girl I was dating, we agreed to see other people

Thats the thing about our subconscious - we can't control it.

I have dreams of my ex some nights and I absolutely hate it because they're always positive and they seem so real only to wake up. I really hate the feeling and I wish this on no one.

Last night though , I had a dream and he wasn't in it. I was glad, it involved my friends only and they were coming over to my place, but guess what? One of my friends walks into my place and he's wearing the EXACT shoes as my ex wears! So it was a trigger that occured in my dream! I dont think that's ever happend to anyone.

THats when you know you're thinking about your ex too much - that is, when you start getting "triggers and reminders" in your dream.

The good thing out of all of this though is that while you are having dreams of her, you can be sure she's also having dreams of you - it just wont go away if you've had an impact on this person.

Dreams can be very unsettling. The last dream I had about my ex, he was sitting in my living room and I was walking all over the house ignoring him. A couple of times I looked at him and asked him what he was doing in my house. Even a dream like that can shake you up.

It wasn't until about 5 weeks after she dumped that I had a few dreams about her and it was upsetting.

I try not to think about her before I go to bed, that seems to help.