Why does this make me feel good?

I just went through a break up of sorts. He is my Original Post if you are interested.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t297681/

But I just wanted to know if it is bad that it makes me feel good when I hear about my friends or co workers relationships failing?

Today I found out my co workers relationship failed and it made me feel good. I guess it made me feel less alone. Kind of like reading other peoples stories on this site.

Also a lot of my friends are starting to get GF's and it kills me to hear them talk about it or see them together. I'm so jealous/envious of there situations and mad that mine did not work out and they are happy.

Anyone else feel this way?

It does not necessarily makes me feel good when I read similar stories of getting dumped. But I guess feel some relief knowing that what happened to me is normal, that it happens to other people too. So I'm not feeling alone. It helps me realize my own situation.

ending a relationship or loosing someone can feel very lonely & isolated & when you hear about it happening to others you may be feeling like, at least your not as alone. This is why it is not uncommon for 2 people who have recently separated from other people to find each other. It's also why those relationships don't often work out long term.

Like others have said; it's normal & you are not a bad person for it.