I'm a self destructive idiot

I've started talking to my ex again. He wants to be friends and I had this crazy idea I would wean myself off of him. Talk, go out then dump him when I was ready. Hahaha. He's all over me-persuasive, charming, wanting to help me. He doesnt want to date or have sex though.

Do I loathe myself so much I'll put up with this sh@t? No. I'm cutting the contact. I'm like a moth to a flame and I keep thinking this time I won't get burned and I can control it. I can't.

I feel like an idiot. And I gave him my power. The power I was gaining back. Ugh. The only good thing is this go around he got on my last nerve. My skin kinda crawled. That's stage 2 right?

I just needed to vent.

Well I dont know your whole story, but in a relationship one thing I have learned is that it needs to be 50/50 the whole time. If he seems to have more sway or power in the relationship, then something needs to change fast. Wishing the best for you.

K - so sorry to hear you are going through this. NC is really the only way to regain your power. There is a great website called baggage reclaim and you can even download a worksheet. They have a facebook fanpage too.

stopping all communication with the EX is the only way to heal and move on, it has to be done. Will suck and not be fun but you have no choice. The worst mistake you can make is just hanging around.

• Author

I stopped for a whole week and it was kinda bliss. Then Friday came and I had a date. Dates freak me out and I end up contacting him. I feel like I'm cheating on him. Why? He rejected me. Our relationship is dead.

I've stopped dating. I don't need the anxiety.

We have been talking since Friday-4 days-and he is already demanding info from me like it is his right. He's pouting. He's emotionally vomiting on me. I got a text last night that he cried watching a movie. Hey, loser, I've cried for two months. Buy Kleenex.

Done. Done. Done. I will not be your fallback girl, your sex toy or your friend.

I'm so glad I'm finally mad!

Oh god, you are so strong to be dealing with this. Sounds like you know it all but just need to find a way of putting it into practice.

There is a book called Getting Past Your Breakup by Susan J Elliot which helped me a lot after a 7 year relationship. (I've just brought it again to help make sense of recent evil ex situation) The book goes with a website http://www.gettingpastyourbreakup.com/gettingpastyourpast/

Stay strong, really wishing you all the best. X