I feel numb

pushingthroughit

pushingthroughit

Hello all,

I feel numb inside. I broke up with my boyfriend of five years just two days ago. I feel nothing inside, but I feel isolation, and sunken. How can I conquer this and move on. Our break up was necessary for me, and the best thing I could do for myself. I needed to do it, and its done, but I'm so sad and I feel so lost.

I feel like he was the only person I could talk to, the only person I could call on, the only person for me. Its hurts, and I feel like I'm not dealing with this very well especially right now.

Hello all,

I feel numb inside. I broke up with my boyfriend of five years just two days ago. I feel nothing inside, but I feel isolation, and sunken. How can I conquer this and move on. Our break up was necessary for me, and the best thing I could do for myself. I needed to do it, and its done, but I'm so sad and I feel so lost.

I feel like he was the only person I could talk to, the only person I could call on, the only person for me. Its hurts, and I feel like I'm not dealing with this very well especially right now.

I'm so sorry , it's so fresh for you . It's perfectly normal to feel this way. You will go through a lot of emotions. May I ask why you broke up ?

• Author
pushingthroughit
I'm so sorry , it's so fresh for you . It's perfectly normal to feel this way. You will go through a lot of emotions. May I ask why you broke up ?

He didn't feel ready to go on the next step, and I was ready ...been ready and he knew it (It was never a secret I wanted marriage, from day one I made that clear). He claimed to want it too, but I guess he though fifty years from now. Whenever I would try to break up he would convince me to stay, and whenever I was hint at seeing other people, he would get upset. Whenever I was slowly start to make progress towards ending it, he would do something ridiculously nice and make second guess my reasoning. I still love him as much as I did in the beginning, he's such a good person. I can't say a bad thing about his character. I miss him. He's (was) my best friend.

I understand , five years is a long time together. You have a lot of guts to end it . You need to make yourself happy . My ex was my best friend too so I know the feeling . I wish I could help you , but coming here helps a lot and we are all here for eachother . Xx

hey pushingthroughit,

I know, believe me. It's uncanny how similar our stories are. Best friend, I wanted more, great guy, 7 years, and I still love him.

It's been 3-1/2 months and I'm okay most of the time now, but there are still moments like tonight that I just want to call him and tell him how much I miss him.

I also broke up with him and he could've continued on forever, I think, the way things were. He was perfectly happy.

Right when I want to run back though, I think, if he really loved me, he would be at my door and even though it hurts that he's not, I'm starting to have some hope that I will find someone who truly wants to be with me.

It's just the physical side that gets to me really. We were so perfect together, i can't focus on that though.

again, if he wanted me, he could have me, so I will keep myself open, do my healing and move on with my life.

There were problems that I tend to overlook and the next one will be better, even though this one can look very good in my mind when I'm tired or in one of my "needy" moods.

We'll always love these guys, but there's got to be someone who loves us equally and I guess that is bottom line. Equal love is healthy and will feel increedible!