Sent my ex a Facebook request!

I can't believe how stupid I am at times. I unblocked my ex and sent him a friend request with a message saying ''I think we can be friends on here seeing how we have many mutual friends...feel free to ignore this request''.

I am an idiot. Luckily I deleted it and will block him again. but I can't believe how close I came to breaking NC.

You said you sent it (friend request) you didn't almost break N.C. you DID break N.C.

Time to start all over again. You set yourself back.

if you went through and did hit "send friend request" it will go into his email as "<yourname> has sent you a friend request on facebook". Unless he has it set up to not go to his email, which is doubtful, I would classify this as a NC breach.

It's okay though, we all mess up every now and then. Just go back to NC and try not to put so much thought into it.

Once you hit send the request goes through. Hitting cancel after that does not retract the initial email request.

You did what you did. Just block him and move forward. We all stumble but we just have to get back up and keep going. Stay NC.