9 months later...

So me and this girl dated. Fell madly in love. lived together. then she broke it off with me, never got a reason. Was heart broken. we moved out. I was very depressed for a very long time. I tried very hard not to get into contact with her. I made the mistake of sending her an email or 2 in the beginning but i learned to stop that. so any way, 9 months later of NC I get a phone call. at 2am while out being at a bar. I answer it. It was a girl, i dont remember much of what she said because i was a bit drunk, but we talked for a bit, just messin around. seemed like a prank but it wasnt any thing mean. I hung up on her and she called back. I tried to figure out who it was and she gave me a huge hint of who it was.... and I KNEW it was my ex's twin sister. So i asked if it was, she admitted it and then told me not to hang up. Then my ex got on the phone, havnt talked to her in 9 months and JUST almost 100% got over here. When i heard her voice all the emotions came rushing back in. I was kinda upset, asking her why the **** she would call me and such. We talked for about 8 minutes. Then she goes " I realllllllllllllly(she made the really, really long) want to be friends with you" that just destroyed me inside because i have so much feelings for her still. I didnt know what to say to that. Any way i told her we should talk about it, and she told me she didnt have any minutes on HER phone but she would get minutes the next day and call me. I was happy. i didnt want that situation in my life, but i was excited that i was going to see her after so long. So the next day comes, and the only thing on my mind was her. I waited alll day, every call every text i got i thought was her, but it never was. The day came and went and i never got a call. I got super depressed again, and kinda angry. why would she do this to me? any way im wondering if i should call her or email her or if i should just wait for her to contact me. maybe she was just drunk(since it was 2am on a sat night) and ****in around with me and didnt even remember the conversation? maybe she didnt get minutes on her phone yet? IF she would call me she obviously was thinking about me, right? Maybe its all a game and she just wants me to have her on her mind or maybe she reallly wants to be friends? im confused and lost. I dont know what to do. I kinda wanna just forget about it and move on again, but i cant help but just feel like any text or call could be her, and i dont want to live like that.

I don't know what to think. I would want to contact her again to see what was going on.

If I were you I would not contact her. She said she was going to contact you so let her do it. If you don't it's going to show indifference and that's probably any ex's biggest fear. I know it hurts, I know it's cruel the fact that she gave you hopes especially with the drunken call. BUT honestly in my opinion I don't think you are even ready to have a friendship with her. My reason for that is because the friendship wouldn't be genuine. I was best friends with my ex who broke up with me 4 months ago for over 10 years prior dating and although I miss the friendship more than the relationship I wouldn't put myself in a situation where I still have some type of emotional attachment to him and torture myself knowing that he is probably dating and talking to other females. The ONLY way I would give my ex the pleasure to talk to me before I'm 110% over him again is if he would want to reconcile, and that wouldn't even guarantee that I would accept it.

Even if you're 99.9999999% over here than .000000001 percent could still win you over and put you back to square 1. Good luck!

Don't call her. If she really wants to talk to you, how hard would it have been for her to borrow a phone or something?

Also agree with Kathyy28 that you are not ready for a true friendship.

I understand the curiosity and intrigue is hard to resisit, especially when you want to know if she still has feelings, but if she was really genuine she would have called you herself at a decent hour and not as some prank. It's just messing with your head to let her be able to tease you.

I'm not usually this blunt or harsh in my advice but, dude, screw her.

Agreed, it has been 9 months if she truly wanted to be your friend or more you will know!