Says she Doesn't Love me but still Calls?

So my ex of 5 years and I speak 2 weeks ago, and she re-iterates the fact that I should move on and that she doesn't love me. Bear in mind she dumped me 4 months ago. So she calls a week later and says "hey, I don't want you to be mad." So I just said "well why do you even care". Then she says "oh I've been fighting with alot of people in my life recently". Possibly hinting she's been seeing someone and they aren't doing well. Who knows. Then she wishes me an early happy birthday. At the end of the call, get this, she FLUSHES THE TOILET. And it seemed like she put the phone right up to the flippin toilet, and then said "Oh I gotta go, bye" and hangs up.

I was so fed up. This was last Sunday. She ended up calling 3 times afterwards which I didn't pick up, then called twice on Tuesday, which I ignored.

Is she regretful, and doesn't know how to handle herself? Trying to keep me around? Or what?

Edited by lalalandman
FeelingEmptyNow
So my ex of 5 years and I speak 2 weeks ago, and she re-iterates the fact that I should move on and that she doesn't love me. Bear in mind she dumped me 4 months ago. So she calls a week later and says "hey, I don't want you to be mad." So I just said "well why do you even care". Then she says "oh I've been fighting with alot of people in my life recently". Possibly hinting she's been seeing someone and they aren't doing well. Who knows. Then she wishes me an early happy birthday. At the end of the call, get this, she FLUSHES THE TOILET. And it seemed like she put the phone right up to the flippin toilet, and then said "Oh I gotta go, bye" and hangs up.

I was so fed up. This was last Sunday. She ended up calling 3 times afterwards which I didn't pick up, then called twice on Tuesday, which I ignored.

Is she regretful, and doesn't know how to handle herself? Trying to keep me around? Or what?

She needs a friend to talk to, and still wonders if you care about her or not while she's out banging a bunch of different dudes. You showed your hand when you said "why do you even care." Go NC, not even worth the time to deal with that mess. Don't give her a chance to play with your mind and make you doubt your decision.

lalalandman I have seen you give out great advice on this site over the past few months. So try take a step back and look at things objectively, as if it were a third party asking for advice. If someone posted the above here on LS, what advice would you give to them? You already know what to do right?

• Author

I would tell myself that it sounds like she has issues and is having a tough time with her life at the moment. Is confused. Using me as a safety net. I would tell myself to move on and not allow her to use me for comfort.

I would tell myself that it sounds like she has issues and is having a tough time with her life at the moment. Is confused. Using me as a safety net. I would tell myself to move on and not allow her to use me for comfort.

No you wouldn't. Think like you are a 3rd party. Not you. You would tell the guy to go NC and stay NC. If you havent made it clear to her, make it clear now. NO CONTACT. If you want more heartbreak, by all means be a friend to her and be constantly treated like a doormat. Show more self respect for yourself. If she finds it cold/harsh tough *****. She lost all rights to you when she left you. Focus on your healing, and you.