Reflecting!

Seems time is a good asset to anyone waiting. Time won't help if the other person jumped into another relationship so soon. She didn't even give herself time to reflect on what she did to me. She just started seeing someone else. Does this mean that she will never call or think about me again.

Opinions welcome!

I know how you are feeling. Actually your post and this forum help me realize the truth. When your partner says " they need space" or "need to focus on thing" ....it is their lame way of telling that they want out. Either to see what is out there or just see someone else. I am Sorry to give you the bad news. But until they realize that they made a mistake there is nothing you can do. Sometimes they need to find themselves.

And to call or write will not make them miss you anymore. Trust me I did all those things. And it got me nothing but more heart aches. It is is truly easier to move on if you stop contact.

My ex started seeing another girl within weeks of our split. Not even a month had gone by. I think 4 yrs together deserve more then a few weeks of saddness. Maybe your ex, like my ex wanted to see what was out there. It has nothing to do with you. You might be wonderful & great. But they just get comfortable & not realize how special you were in their life.

And sometime they jump into another relationship becuz they miss sharing those feelings with someone else. And Jumping into a relationship shortly after ending a major long term relationship is never a good thing. Usually the person needs their heart mend with the company of someone else. You can't jump for one person to another without feeling the lost or pain of the relationship. And having someone new in your life just helps makes things seem better. When it is only a gloss finish over the pain.

Trust me...it is hard but move on. Why do you want to talk to someone who hurts.

I am going through hell right now. Even though my ex broke up with me in the most terrible way I still miss having him around and my heart just aches every night. We both messed up in our own different ways but I wanted to work on things and at first he said he did and then he changed his mind and not even 2 days later he was seeing someone else.

We didn't date that long. Only three months but we were very close and very serious. It's like he changed his mind over night. Although it was more like a 3 week period I could feel things unraveling but I thought his feelings were strong enough to stick it out. Now, he's dating someone and keeping himself busy so even though I'm sure he thinks of me it seems easier for him to move on.

We have spoke and he said he does want to be friends, he just doesn't call very often. He claims he's been too busy. I know the only reason I want to be friends is so he'll like me again and not this new girl. I don't think they are as serious as we were, but it's hard to picture him affectionate with someone else so soon after being with me. It makes me feel like I didn't mean anything to him. I have explained to him that I felt this way and he got angry with me for saying that.

Like he expects me to believe I meant something to him when he's acting this way. I don't know what to do. I want to be able to just not contact him and wait for him to come to me. It's just so hard. I have tried going out with other guys. Nice good looking guys but he's still in the back of my head. I just keep hoping he realizes what he had with me and changes his mind but I don't see how that could happen even if he felt that way because so much damage has been done.

I don't even think I could take him back but I guess it would help to know how he really felt about me. He's so confusing.