She hitched up with ex husband.....

We dated for approx 4.5 yrs. Lived together in arizona the last 2.5 yrs. High school sweethearts who got back together after 30 yrs. Started out great but had a few rocky times along the way,,,,primarily due to her drinking whenever stressed out or upset. She went to a wedding in may 2011......I was out of town and unable to attend. Her recently divorced EX husband was there and away they went. Two weeks later i got the typical 'i no longer love you or want you' phone call...etc etc. Dont know why but still would very much like to reconcile with the woman......although she has serious money and drinking problems. Havent spoken with her for approx two weeks and have no intention of contacting her. She was married to the guy for approx 8 yrs and divorced when she caught him cheating . As someone saidd yesterday......when breaking up,,,,a girl is like a monkey swinging from tree to tree......they will not 'let go' of one limb until they have another one to grab.

Anyone have any experience in a mate who runs back to an ex husband? Do they usually stay together and make it work the 2nd time around.....etc??? Really do miss the woman .

thelovingkind

Even if they don't make it work, please stay away from this crazy woman with utterly no control over her finances, emotions or drinking habits. Focus on yourself and your needs and I assure you, one hundred percent eat my words guarantee, that before too long you will no longer miss her at all. Give it not much longer than that and you will have a new partner without these problems, and you will be looking back to your present self caught up in emotion about this woman and thinking: "Dude...what the f**k"

• Author

Believe me, I know that what happened was for the best. It is still difficult to understand how someone you loved and cherished for so long could so quickly and impulsively jump back in to the arms of a alcoholic ex husband who repeatedly cheated on her. They are obviously both co dependent individuals who feed off the other's faults.

It does sting to have this once loving and adoring lady call you and absolutely shred virtually every aspect of your once fine relationship you had with her. Very difficult to comprehend how 'quickly' she cut ALL ties with me and immediately began screw=== the ex husband.

Very difficult to comprehend how 'quickly' she cut ALL ties with me and immediately began screw=== the ex husband.

Another of the 'deep ocean of secrets' in the heart of a broken woman. Glad you didn't drown in there or get eaten by the sharks. It sucks. Good luck.

Run and don't look back!!!!!!!!!!!! I speak from recent experience. I dated a girl whom I liked and was friends with 25 years ago back in highschool also. She was married 12 years to a guy who cheated on her. When I met her a year and a half ago again she told me she was seperated and getting divorced from him. We started dating. A few months later I got a call from a mutual (didn't know it at the time) friend telling me that she was hooking up with her ex behind my back. She also had the financial and drinking problems that you speak of. I was caught totally off guard as I thought her and me were something really special. I loved her to death. It hurt to find out I wasn't special to her at all. One thing I've learned about women is that they NEVER really get past an ex. I guess when she told me that she still loved the guy she went to the prom with when she married her husband that that should've been my red flag. We ended up staying together in a love triangle for a while even after I found out about the two of them and even got engaged. Yes I was a fool and let her play me way to long. It's amazing the thing's you'll overlook or try to ignore when you really love someone though. Never again I say though. Unless the woman is a virgin I'm running. My heart can't take anymore. :(

• Author

Thanks for the response. I should have realized that she has always been infatuated with the ex. Although they are both alcoholics and he cheated on her during their marriage, they remained "friends". I learned last week that even AFTER they were divorced for approx. 5 yrs that they happened to both be in attendance at a birthday party and the guy asked my ex to get REMARRIED in front of her kids and everyone attending. She said YES and he said he would return in one hour AFTER he informed his FIANCEE' that their wedding was off. He couldnt go through with the plan and he never returned. Still, my ex didnt care. She remained infatuated with the guy even though he hum iliated her once again.

Perhaps these two deserve one another. She now has her drinking buddy back and they can drown their sorrows together. I always wondered why this chick never changed her last name after she divorced this guy and why she was so anxious to return to arizona. One would think that at the age of 55 this woman would grow up.....but she obviously enjoys being humiliated time and time again by her ex. Watch out glendale and litchfield park az........

• 1 month later...
  • Author

is back with the ex husband. Discovered she had been seeing him for over the last two years. I bought this broad a beautiful home and almost as soon as she takes up residence she begins sniffing out the ex husband. The two alcoholics have reunited. This broad has more emotional problems than you can possibly imagine. Watch out scottsdale and glendale. You have one of the most impulsive and mentally challenged middle aged whores amongst your midst. She manages a women's clothing store at bell/scottsdale rd. Has the initials PP. Stop by and vist with D sometime. Tell her hi.

Hey azguy - so sorry you had to go through all of this stuff. It just sounds like an awful time for you. But please do not be down on women because of one person. I just got out of a relationship where my ex treated me like crap for years. But I know all men are not like that. There are good guys out there and when I have healed I know I will find one.

Take care.

We dated for approx 4.5 yrs. Lived together in arizona the last 2.5 yrs. High school sweethearts who got back together after 30 yrs. Started out great but had a few rocky times along the way,,,,primarily due to her drinking whenever stressed out or upset. She went to a wedding in may 2011......I was out of town and unable to attend. Her recently divorced EX husband was there and away they went. Two weeks later i got the typical 'i no longer love you or want you' phone call...etc etc. Dont know why but still would very much like to reconcile with the woman......although she has serious money and drinking problems. Havent spoken with her for approx two weeks and have no intention of contacting her. She was married to the guy for approx 8 yrs and divorced when she caught him cheating . As someone saidd yesterday......when breaking up,,,,a girl is like a monkey swinging from tree to tree......they will not 'let go' of one limb until they have another one to grab.

Anyone have any experience in a mate who runs back to an ex husband? Do they usually stay together and make it work the 2nd time around.....etc??? Really do miss the woman .

Oh man, you have dodged a MASSIVE bullet. Run. Run as far away from this crazy, damaged person.

Yes, you may miss hr for now, but try your best to move on without a care for her because she is not worth it at all. Not even the tiniest bit.

Hurt people, hurt people.

I know how you feel. My now ex g/f of 10 months left me for her ex b/f. They had issues but she went back anyway,,, now I'm left to pick up the pieces. This is her 2nd maybe 3rd time back to him. I'll just sit on the sidelines and see what happens. I DO NOT WANT HER BACK!

Hang in there, it does get better.

Edited by mike588