Can't sleep at night

I am having a hard time sleeping at night...and I finally realized what it was last night...I have no one to roll over to and cuddle up with...my gf broke up with me last week b/c she is moving away and Ive come to terms with it; it is nothing I could do and it wasnt a rejection of who I am, so it made that easier...

I definitely miss her for who she is, but I've come to terms with that...I am having a harder time dealing with the no physical contact (which is the least important of the two, but I think the harder of the two to fill the void)...and I'm not talking sex or even kissing...I just miss the times we would spend the night and could snuggle all night....

Anyone else been in this situation? Also my last 3 relationships, I was the dumper; it has been a while since I've been the dumpee

thelovingkind

For sure, beds are lonely places immediately after a break-up. But remember, there was nothing terribly wrong with sleeping alone before you met your ex (and during nights when she wasn't at yours), and you will return to that state of equipoise. Several weeks ago just reaching my arm across the bed was enough to sink my stomach; I could "feel" the space in the air where my arm would normally make contact with my ex's torso or back. I couldn't bare to stretch out onto his side of the bed. It was like a burial ground. Now I sleep soundly and enjoy a good night's sleep, and splay out wherever I like :)

I'm sorry to hear that.

Anyway, this is some advice from me. (on the sleepless nights)

In the military i was in, I as a recruit was advised to lie down on the bed with eyes shut, even though we did not feel like falling asleep. It helps facilitate rest, recovery and recuperation.

However, your emotions................... may cause you to be restless at night............so it does take a muster of self discipline to be able to get the minimum rest you need.

For your emotions and feelings............time will heal everything. I really really hope this helps. Good luck.

• Like 1

how long were you two together?

im kinda going through the same thing, my gf (or ex now) is off to go travelling the world.. we both realised it would be very hard to stay together in this circumstance so its for the best we break up or go on a break as she put it.

i initially said it wouldnt work in the hope she would fight for me, she didnt.

but deep down i think i know it wouldnt work. i wouldnt be able to talk or see her when i liked, i would forget what it was like to be with her.

since she has now finished uni, there would be a slim chance of her coming back to the area we first met and attended the same uni..

therefore it probably is for the best.

however me, like you, came to the realisation the other night whilst i was in my bed, is that, i may never see her again. and it sends you into panic mode. you are out of control, and there is nothing you can do about it...

I know what you mean about filling the void. the funny thing is, we never had shared a double bed, and always had to share a single lol. so sometimes i would actually be glad to have it all to myself, as i am a light sleeper!

but yeah it hurts, specially when neither of you want to break up, just feels like there isnt another choice. logically.

it only really pains me now when i physically see photos of her. in my head i have gotten over the image of "us". I am having a hard time worrying what i am going to do when i see her in photos with other guys that arent me :(

thats when its going to sting an awful lot.

seeing them getting on without you and not hearing from them.

sigh

• Like 1