Is this a normal feeling?

TaintedHeart

Ok so I'm the 'Dumpee' I was thinking about what it's going to be like dating/seeing other people and guilt rattled through me of even thinking about being with somebody else. This has really confused me, why should I feel guilty? Is this part of the healing process or am I just in a weird place?

I feel the same thing. We just haven't moved on yet. This is how I know it'd be too soon for me. Not too soon for my ex obviously.

It is normal.

it's normal and wise that you can recongize it. A lot of people just jump into a relationship after a break up. The rebound. Which isn't fair to you and it isn't fair for the person your dating. Give it time. When you're ready to date....you'll know it.

• Author
TaintedHeart

I'm not ready, it's only been 2 weeks, I was just trying to imagine what it will be like being with somebody else, but felt guilty :/

What's with the guilt?

because you still have an emotional attchment to this person. It's gonna take time to cut those ties.. That's why we preach that NC is the way to go to heal from these broken relationships.

It's totally normal to feel 'guilty' - you've spent time being commited to one person, it's not going to feel natural right away to start relationships with others.

It just takes time - don't rush into anything that you don't feel comfortable with.

You can't have a healthy relationship with a new partner if you haven't healed from your break up.

Enjoy being single and spend time working on making yourself happy.

You have the rest of your life to spend with someone else, so take advantage of this time you have alone.

x