seeing ex this weekend... want to suggest getting back together.

so, my love and i broke up approx 1.5-2 months ago. i've yet to see her since as its been long distance. she lives in san diego and is currently on a cross country drive back to upstate NY. i've given her her space (as much as i can)...

sat night she texts me w:

'i'm sorry. i can't do this. i want to be alone.'

i got very upset, deleted her number, and deleted her from FB. last night i texted her that i still wanted to see her to which she agreed.

today i've been texting her back and forth about the possibility of reconciliation. i know that she still has feelings for me, those don't disappear like that... my concern is that she says that the distance kills her and that she doesn't want to do it. now, that may be a cop out - but, i genuinely believe her when she says its about the distance.

i'll be moving back to so cal in less than 1 year. like, 11.5 months. i do not want to lose her - and, of course, i can be jealous in thinking that if i see her when i get out there, it might work out... but, that leaves a year of her meeting other people and me freaking out about some insecurities of losing her.

right now, i want to do everything i can in suggesting that we work on things to her pace... if she's comfortable with it. any advice as to how to get someone back into a long distance relationship when they have flat out said that they don't like the distance? i'll have some more time off this year than previously... so, i'd like to invest it into her. i do think that she may be the one and do not want to lose her. in her texts, she's told me that she has thought about this and is happy with where she is right now... and that while we can talk about it, she doesn't think she'll change her mind.

thanks.

p

It sounds like you have to let her go for a while and work on making yourself happy without her. It hurts like hell, I know, I'm experiencing the same thing. I went for a short stretch in which I wasn't speaking to my ex, she contacts me out of the blue, and I can tell she still loves me, but she made it pretty clear that she doesn't envision us being romantically involved right now. I keep trying to read into every little remark she made looking for that glimmer of hope, but deep down I know I'm kidding myself. Don't fall prey to self-deception. The distance, and probably some other factors, are convincing her she wants to be single.