"love letter" idea. read my post earlier today to really understand.

I wrote earlier about how I wanted to take a break from my boyfriend, changed my mind, and now he wants to... except Im not sure if he wants to come back

welll... I said he had talked about hanging out Sunday and then I read something in a book about writing "Love letters"

this is mine

"Im writing this to help the situation

Im fustrated that we haven't worked through this. Weve had strong feelings and good times with eachother for a long time.

Im sad because I feel like we would be losing something really special over a stressful week. Im hurt that you seem to not be thinking about our goodtimes.

Im afraid you might reject this. Im scared youll make a rash decision. Im not sure what to say

Im really sorry that I had stressed you out by being distant and confused last week. I regret my decision for us to take a break, and that it hurt you. I dont want us to regret our decisions like your older brother and his exgf.

I want us to hug and to see you smile, and for you to make fun of me because I laugh so lond and like a retard haha. I thank you for being there for me and visiting me when I was sick. It meant a lot to me. I know you really care and I would like to start again.

Love, me

PS I would like you to trust in us and tell me a little about your thoughts now.."

now that I read about how to write the "love letter" and stuff and how its supposed to not sound too needy and overwhelming... I want some people to tell me about anything that seems to really need to be changed, cause I dont want this letter to drive him away. I just dont want it to sound to pathetic and desperate cause I know that can drive guys away.

From what you said before, the issue in the relationship is not the 'stressful week' but stress in general. I honestly don't think this letter will help. Right now, you are desperate to do anything to fix the relationship when it may be too broken to fix. Sending a letter like this, which may not deal at all with the issues, is not going to do that.

I would wait until you chat on the weekend. See how that goes. He may bring up issues you might wish to address in a letter later. What you want to do above all is listen. You need to hear his thoughts on this and not interrupt or put in your thoughts so you can figure out where his mind is.

• Author

if I give it to him,

should I give it to him in person and let him read it to himself in person?

give it to him in person and let him read it alone?

or give it to him not in person and let him read it alone?

• Author

and moimeme

im not trying to say you are wrong about things

but I really do think it was only the stressful week because before that week our relationship was great, it only became stressful when I got the idea of a break in my head and became very distant

if it was stressful for him before that, he didnt show any signs of it or communicate it to me. In fact, 3 weeks earlier before the "stressful week" we went and got some food and he gave me some flowers.. so if he was having problems prior to the week, I am clueless

Yeh that letter pretty much sums how your feeling, but when you do give it to him let him know your willing to try and listen as well.... be very attentive to his needs when hes done reading it.... it just may be that he needs time for himself as well after he reads to gather his thought process up again...... but yeh id give it to him for sure...... it doesnt make you sound desperate either..... its just sums up how you have been feeling and what changes your willing to make and what you miss most about your relationship...... sounds just fine!!!

good luck :)