Rubbing your happiness in your ex's face?

I know this is childish, but I so want to rub it into my ex's face how happy I am right now. Not just him, but his new girlfriend's face as well. I mean after all..I know the guy she's stuck with..and he's not a guy to be proud of if you know what I mean...

Since meeting Mr. Cute Guy yesterday, we've exchanged multiple text messages, including one from him that said "That's cool :) we should seriously get lunch one day soon. I would like to get to know you. I mean if thats cool with you." - after I told him that my friend and I were coming by his job in a bit. Since yesterday though, he's shown me so many different ways in how he's just..way better than my ex (Manager, going to college, funny, easy-going, nice, cute, polite, has a phone). I'm honestly not getting my hopes too high for this guy, since I did just meet him yesterday and I don't know too much about him yet, but just the fact that a more promising guy is showing interest in me and I'm going for it, shows that I'm taking great big steps in the right direction of my love life, which is a wonderful thing :) Even if he falls through..they're still big steps that can't be ignored.

Not only with him though, but just how I'm just happy in general with life and whatnot right now. I feel like I'm truly counting my blessings now, and a huge part of me wants to let my ex know just how happy I am..and to let him know that I'm so much better off without him. It is immature, I know..but it's hard to resist rubbing it into his face ;) My friend who I was with these past couple of days and who was with me when Mr. Cute Guy asked for my number (and called me beautiful) yesterday, is just as excited about all of this as I am, and is planning on letting everyone know that hey..I met a good guy (and another guy today who I hung out with for a while..but he's not worth talking about) because she agrees that I'm way better off without my ex.

Would you do it if you could? I want my ex to be happy, but even more..I want him to know that I'm happy too :)

Forget About Her

I totally feel you on wanting to rub it in his face. I've contemplated it countless times, but I feel like intentionally doing it is lowering yourself to whatever low heights he is at.

I'm seeing a new great girl that is unbelievably better than my ex of 6 years, and as much as I'd like to post profile pics on facebook of us together, I've refrained.

For me, I'm gauging the amount of time between when it's reasonable to just not consider your ex's feelings, and really move forward with life and do what you would normally do vs. causing unnecessary hurt for your ex. We've only been split up a few months, so I've decided to give it another 2-3 months before I just live life like I have no ex's, but the decision is ultimately up to you.

I totally feel you on wanting to rub it in his face. I've contemplated it countless times, but I feel like intentionally doing it is lowering yourself to whatever low heights he is at.

I'm seeing a new great girl that is unbelievably better than my ex of 6 years, and as much as I'd like to post profile pics on facebook of us together, I've refrained.

For me, I'm gauging the amount of time between when it's reasonable to just not consider your ex's feelings, and really move forward with life and do what you would normally do vs. causing unnecessary hurt for your ex. We've only been split up a few months, so I've decided to give it another 2-3 months before I just live life like I have no ex's, but the decision is ultimately up to you.

I’m surprised you don’t just put the facebook pics ups. It’s kind of rude to your current gf that you are so worried about your ex. In fact I’d suggest blocking your ex from seeing your pictures if you are worried. Better yet block your ex.

I agree though no point in rubbing anything in, its such a better feeling to feel sorry for some one who once hurt you then still having it out for them. By having it out for them you are actually sabotaging yourself.

thelovingkind

You will feel much better by just enjoying your happiness for what it is and not trying to twist it into anything else. In fact, one of the ultimate kicks in the face is when someone doesn't need to flaunt their happiness, when they just gracefully and discreetly move on with their life. That's when you know someone's truly content.

If they're making a show of it, then it's a sure sign that they're still insecure enough to need to convince others of their happiness. Prove to him that you're really happy by not needing to prove anything at all :)

You will feel much better by just enjoying your happiness for what it is and not trying to twist it into anything else. In fact, one of the ultimate kicks in the face is when someone doesn't need to flaunt their happiness, when they just gracefully and discreetly move on with their life. That's when you know someone's truly content.

If they're making a show of it, then it's a sure sign that they're still insecure enough to need to convince others of their happiness. Prove to him that you're really happy by not needing to prove anything at all :)

Very true :]

• Author

Words of wisdom to be followed ;)

I think I'm good without trying to really flaunt my happiness around, but it's hard to not just want to scream it out at the top of my lungs just how happy I am right now. Even if you take Mr. Cute Guy out of the picture (though he's a factor in it), I'm still the happiest I've been in God knows how long, and it feels amazing. So, ya know..it's hard to not just want to tell those who've made me the saddest I've been in God knows how long, that hey, I'm alright..better than alright, I'm amazing. Last time I saw them, I was down and depressed, trying to fake a smile..and I just love having this real smile on again. :)

Even if I don't try to show them I'm happy or talking to this dude, I know they'll find or figure it out sooner or later.

HeartOfAPhoenix

by rubbing it in your ex's face that you are sooo happy with your life puts off the image that you are still stuck on them. if you didn't have feelings for them you wouldn't do this, and this applies to both dumpers and dumpees.

for the dumper they would be rubbing their "oh so great life" in your face as a way to justify their decision for dumping you.

whereas, the dumpee would show this type of behaviour as a way to make the dumper question their decision, and it gives the dumpee an ego boost.

point is this: you are either still stuck on your ex or you aren't really as happy as you consciously think you are and you need to get that ego boost.

True happiness really derives from a place where you won't feel the need to rub anything in his face, because it's not about him anymore, and he simply doesn't factor into how you feel or how you react to the world around you.:)

I have to say, I had a relationship with someone that was Long distance. We went out for about 8 months, but it wasn't working because it wasn't practical flying back and forth and neither of us could move....So I prompted ending what we both knew had to happen. About 3 months after ending it, he contacted me on MSN- started up a chat- and quickly asked me:

him: "are you seeing anyone??"

me: "no, why do you ask?"

him: "because I am, and I am really happy"

end conversation....

me: :eek:

But you know what? I knew he needed to tell me that because I still got to him. You DO NOT want to let this guy know he still gets under your skin.

Just be happy, enjoy that you're moving forward! That's the best revenge ever.

It's wonderful that you're doing well and feeling great. Those who have posted that rubbing in your ex's face is bad idea are right. It would be a little immature and may give the impression that you feel you have something to prove to him. Just enjoy being happpeeeee! Besides, when you're feeling that good you don't need to explain it to anyone - people will see it. Happy people have a glow. :)