Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken

Reality sets in, and I realize it is over. I look back over the past 6 months, and anger sets in. I am angry because i let this go on for so long. I am angry because i allowed her to take advantage of me. No, not angry at her, angry at myself, and have NO respect for her.

All the nights we had to spend together, and she crawls into bed, with her back to me, and i have to say good night, i have to roll her over for a good night kiss, i have to say i love you. waking up in the middle of the night, next to her, feeling lonley. She does not want me to touch her, she cuts me off from intimacy. does not stop by to see me anymore, and nothing but excuses. all the money i spent helping her, fixing things for her when they broke.

she never had time to stop by, but if something needed fixing, she needed help.

all the weekends is spent with her, and being ignored. all the times i tried to talk to her about our relationship, and her response "me being here should be good enough"

Her getting pissed at me because i bought the wrong toilet paper, loading my dishes not the way she wants me to, going to the wrong grocery store, wearing the wrong clothes. You name it, i did it wrong. i tried to please her, do what she wanted, and all i got from her was that i did not listen to her, and I was controlling.

I look at her pictures,and before i was heart broken. heart broken because when i saw the pics, remembered how incredibly in love we were..... or i thought.

Now i look at her pics and i see a b(#tch. i have heard more FU's from her than a drunken sailor.

My hurt is slowly turning to anger. still have not changed my FB yet. not sure what i am waiting for. have not deleted her as a "friend". i will delete all her co-workers and family first, then her, then change my status. i don't want her co-workers mumbling behind our back that our engagement is off and we are broken up.

Yes, i still have respect for MYSELF, but not her.

Ya, i'm still alone, i'm still Alive, but I am UNBROKEN!

Hey brother,

I can relate a little bit to this. It's going on just about a year for me. I'm still alone. I'm still alive. And you know what, I'm finally starting to realize that I'm so much better of without her!!!!! However I have no regretes because I learned a lot about myself, relationships, and women. She wasn't the first, or the last, but she was by far the girl I have been the most in love with at this point in my life.

She exhibited similar behaviors to what you describe. Cold, mean, distant, and uncommunicative... and somehow everything was my fault when there was nothing to even fight about (we didn't even fight that much). She critisized me for the most trivial things on a couple ocasions. I really put myself out there for this girl. Helped her move, fix this, do that, blah blah blah. 1 and 1/2 years down the tube. I wish she would have been honest about her feelings, and ended the relationship respectfully instead of being cruel and demeaning. It just boils down to effing immaturity in my opinion. People like this are just immature emotionally.