6 weeks of N/C the text asking to meet, should I shouldnt I you decide!

skylines1987

Hi im justin 24, ex was fi 21

So I broke up with my ex (she ended it after 3 years) on amicable terms

Prior to breakup we had a 4 week "break" and in that time she sent me valentines card and gift and was texting saying love u and miss u but then when i was meant to travel up to southampton for my birthday weekend together, train tickets booked etd she ended it.

Basically shes away at uni in southampton im back home now in exeter working. We had 2.5 years which were amazing (most of time long distance relationship) and then since xmas things turned sour for reasons probably stress related as she is in her final year and i started a new job as a trainee solicitor and found it tough going which is unlike me. nonetheless she ended it and her reasons were i dont get on well with my olds dont respect them etc (yes i know its bad and apparently ill treat her like it???), that i didnt treat her the same as first 2.5 years (well we hardly saw one another at the end), oh and i dont make my bed...

my thoughts is from her track record she usually has someone else lined up, since i poached her from her ex (******* i know!) but then she wouldnt ask to meet me if she was seeing someone else as shes honest and would have to tell them. she ditched me a week and bit before my 24th birthday, not the best timing!

anyway she sent me card and txt on bday i replied saying thanks but kept it short as i said i wanted no contact (however i did beg and say id change before accepting my fate, however i said if she ever wanted me back then contact me - she knows from my past relationships which were both 3 years that as soon as i break up i dont talk to them unless i bump into them and then its friendly)

she text me about a week ago saying did i want my stuff back from southampton (just weight gain and hard drive, i said no thanks but thanks for texting)

so the text tonight! "hey just, how are you? Hows work? I am back for Easter atm and it would be nice to see you at some point, fi x"

i know it sounds cheesy but we had planned our future both want the same things in life i think she was just stressed and confused and all her uni friends all became single and probably influenced her decision, as did her parents who do really like me but guess didnt like seeing their daughter upset and assumed it was me who was making her upset.

my first reaction was - head saying no, heart saying yes. I'll be honest not over her, i miss her but i sometimes think she treated me badly considering how good i was with her (cant be that great i know she ditched me). My friends say i can do better but i know i cant, i punched well above my weight.

so do i meet her or dont i? your thoughts would be appreciated! all my friends bar 1 say no, but their biased right because they care for me right?

im going to sleep on it and thanks for responding!

Hopeless Girl

i think u should meet her but keep it short and u act like u got something to do.... like if she suggests a day say ok (tellin her but not directly telling her that u still care) and then say well i have stuff to do , it was nice seeing u yada yada.... depends on what happens and what u talk about

Edited by Hopeless Girl