break-up confusion

Help! Ok, my bf of 2 years recently said he wanted to "take a break." (he had gone home for the summer from school- so we were apart for 2 1/2 months- also he is a senior this year and i have been out for a year) we had been fighting a lot and we both needed to clear our heads. but being the girl i always want to solve things- not walk away from them. on the other hand- he is exactly oppoiste... he walks away from stuff! This "break" really devastated me! He said that when he came back to school we could try and start things over on a new page. However, I could not do this! I wanted answers for all of this crap that had come up- but he couldnt give me any! He has been back now a little over a month and well every time i have seen him i have cried :( and i know he gets tired of seeing me like this. It's not like we fight when we are together- but it's just like i cant let go of the past b/c i want answers and he cant give me answers- so its like we just butt heads!!

Anyway- the other night during one of our usual crying sessions- he told me that he was going to go out with someone else (which he has every right to do- b/c we are not together... ). This killed me at first and i started saying mean things about the girl- (and i know i shouldnt have but...)

What my question is- do you think he is just trying to fill the "hole" in his life. i know he called the "break" but i really think if you truly love someone and i am very confident that our love was real- then he couldnt really be ready to see someone else!! I am greatful that he was honest with me about going on a date with someone else- but also the other night i was talking to him on the land-line phone and i heard his cell phone ring and i asked him about it and he flat out lied and said it didnt- (and come to find out- I know for 100% it was her calling!!) why didnt he just tell me- that he had to go that the new girl was calling- why did he lie???

i am just so confused right now- i love him more than anything and i will wait however long it takes!! do you think maybe by him going out with this new gal that he will realize she is not me- and it will spark something in him to miss me and want me back??

do you think maybe by him going out with this new gal that he will realize she is not me- and it will spark something in him to miss me and want me back??

Anything is possible.

I will just say this: Stop the crying sessions, stop the talks, stop the calls, and stop the search for answers. (Sometimes you simply do not get answers to everything.) He is probably off having a fun time with the new girl; she probably isn't crying and begging him for answers. This makes her look pretty good to him right now in comparison to you. Please get yourself together and try to make forward steps to move on with your life. Crying to him about the situation may work against you and drive him away, not bring him closer as seems to be your plan. The only way for him to truly realizes that he misses you is to give him the break he wants and give him an opportunity to miss you. (If you are around all the time, he won't miss you because you are always there.) Let him have his break. Cry about this in the comfort of your own home or with your girlfriends. Stop doing it around him.