4 month 'holiday' romance in trouble, am I being brushed off?

My girlfriend says she wants us to keep on going out but doesn't act like it... help!

We are both in our mid 20's. We met while travelling overseas, were a couple and travelling together for 4 months, got on really well. Then due to money I had to go home while she continued for another 6 weeks. Before I left we agreed to carry on going out when we got home. She asked for my home number so could call me during the 6 weeks, but she never called me, not once, though she did email, about a paragraph like this one every four or five days. My female friends say if it had been them and they still loved their boyfriend and missed him they would definitely have called at least a few times, even if it was expensive to do so.

She's been back a week, I had emailed her to say lets meet up and she called me the day she got back to say yes, and I said I would sort out a place for us to go away for the weekend. A couple of days later she texted me her new mobile number. But when I called her yesterday with a couple of ideas, she knocked them all back for being too expensive to travel to (we are talking 20 US bucks here, and I was paying for the room) or too boring (a nearby island with miles of beautiful beaches but not much nightlife). Her only suggestion was a town near her home because lots of her friends live there so we could meet up with them. We left it that she would think about it some more.

Am I being brushed off here?

Do you really want to go out with a girl who clearly doesn't jump at the chance of a date alone with you and wants to go somewhere where her friends are?

A date is a date, one guy and one girl and a promise of a possible romance.

Go find someone who wants you all to herself on a date.

• 3 weeks later...
hopeinternational

I'd say that her response isn't exactly encouraging, but it isn't proof that you're being brushed aside. Maybe she needs to be more comfortable with you all over again. I would suggest that you go meet up with her (and her friends) and re-establish your relationship.

Good luck and do keep us posted on the outcome.