I gave her the chance, she insists that she would tell me if she wants out.

We started out with 3 moths of great excitement. Around the first of the month, she told me that things had not been the same and that we had been differant recently. SH ehad been flaking on my dates recetnly and again did it this weeknd (her friend had a heart attack monday and says she was asked by the guys sister to hang out with him and his daughter saturday night). I gave her a talk wed night and told her that she could hang out with this guy and his daughter sat night, but that I had given up on trying to make us work. I told her that I had been the one doing all the work and that she just ran from me when things got too serious and she says she ran beacuse she thought it might rekindle our interest. Well we hung out again last ngiht and I still cant get a read. She is 22 and I am 24, but we are just out of college and both live at home. As of right now we have a trip scheduled for next Sat. to the coast so the 2 of us can just be alone together, but I have another odd feeling that something might come up. She said the spark was gone and I told her once we break up, I will never go back to her, I dont play those games. At the end of our long talk, she said sorry and that she had been a bitch. We never hang out with each others frineds, but I plan on calling her tonight to ask that after she spends time with ehr ill frined, that she could meet my buddies and i in the downtown area. I have given her space, but is it possible she is a girl that wants the man to make all the decisions? She is not a very affectionate girl and she told me that right off the bat when we first started dating. Anyone have any small tips on how to handle this? I gave her teh chance to break it off and she insists that if she wants out that she would tell me....so how do I handle this?

My best advice would probably to wait and see if she goes with you on this trip this weekend to be alone. If shes willing to spend an entire weekend with you then she might be suffering from running away from her feelings, like I gathered from your post I too know a girl that likes to run from her feelings.

At 3 months you should still be in the honeymoon portion of your relationship. With talk of "breakups" so soon it kind of sounds to me like this relationship might be lasting too long. Unless you really love this girl, cut your losses and move on.

What is her dating history like?

Does she have an old boyfriend living close?

If she walks away from you this comming weekend, walk away man.

And hey alot of women like take charge guys, most women expect men to be able to make decisions which will benefit both people. Despite what alot of "professional" polls say about Women's attitude towards men making decisions in the relationship/household.... For the most part, many women like a guy to take charge and wear the pants in the relationship, then she can wear the skirt and not have to worry about having to change her skirt every 10 minutes. Women don't like carrying a pair of pants in their purse, its too bulky.

So to answer your question, yes she might be expecting you to make the decisions....... What else would she be waiting for?

• Author

I reall ydo love this girl and we both mentioned that we feel in love with each other quicker than we ever had. Her last 3 boyfriends or so never treated her well and her folks never liked them. Her folks and family love me and I have been very sweet and understanding for her. Her psat realtionships seem to have gotten to this same point and then go south. It seems to me that she has a problem around this time frame when dating men. None of this breaking up stuff would have started if it werent for me- I noticed she was acting diferant then I confronted her. She has told me there was one time she didint even want to go out for a dinner date, but she seems to be running. I told her how she had really hurt me more than her and I think she understands it now. It seem sto me that if she wanted out then she would have made the move already.

We seem to have taken our relationship too serious and I honestly feel we need to have a fun time and go out with others, just not be the 2 of us all the time-let me kno wwhat u think. I appreciate the response- you had some great insight and ideas