Lost something special: he still loves me but doesn't see the point of continuing

hello everyone reading this post like many of u i too am going through a break up but not only is frustrating and sad its also confusing well this is my story :

meet my ex bf :( about a two years it started off as an online friendship and it grew last year with him coming to visit me early this year and me visiting him just this past june for three weeks . when i got back home i became really depress and angry about leaving him ,but he was like think positive one day we will be together for good ( see i was willing to move to his country but the laws in the country pretty much suck a!@) blah blah

this is were it gets sweet in august i realised that we wont really speaking much online so i confronted him on it and he said that well he does not feel for me anymore like he used to and he wants us to be friends and he still has feelings for me ( whatever that means) well he told my friend that he still loves me but because of his country laws he does not see the point continuing our relationship and when he see me online now he hardly talks to me just hello ,

so today i decided to talk to him about what happened to us and he said that he did not know what happened and well it was better to end it now then later and yes it is sad but we have to look forward and there is no hope for us to get back together . By this time i told he never gave us a chance and he said he did but it made no sense so i had to tell him he punked out on me , he made alot of sad faces and said that he have to be cold hearted cause he saw no future for us . have anyone ever gone through this and what have they done to get through it . i do like this person alot but i'm just heart broken in this matter any help will be appreciated :(

thanks in advance

Broken hearts do get mended. Try and find someone in your own country, in fact, much, much closer to you physically. You can bloom where you are planted.

Please don't think online romances are complete substitutes for the old-fashioned 'get out there and meet people'. It's time to make some new friends face-to-face.