Do me and my girlfriend have any chance of staying together?

My girldfriend and I just had a really long conversation on the phone and I think this may be the end of our relationship.

She says she feels trapped by the idea of a long term commited relationship. The idea of remaining with me for the rest of her life scares her. She wants to be able to meet other people and date them without worrying much about hers or their feelings.

She wants to look around and try to find the best person for her. She says that the best person may end up being me.

I think the problem is she feels obligated to my feelings and doesn't like the obligation.

I told her that if there was any way she could overcome this desire we could stay together that I would do anything I could to help.

I would have broken up with her already if I wasn't so much in love. Does this relationship have any chance at all?

I would appreciate responses from multiple people.

2SidestoStories

Without knowing much else about your relationship, I would have to point to the key element of what seems to have broken you up:

She says she feels trapped by the idea of a long term commited relationship.

This sounds pretty final to me. I am going to guess that you personally had wanted a long-term, committed relationship with this lady. That being the case, at least for now, the chances of that happening are fairly well none.

I am sorry for your hurt, but would suggest that as you still have really intense feelings for her, that you sever ties and move on with your life.

2SidestoStories hit it right on the money. The chances are pretty slim to none. I'm sorry but it's dead. My ex told me that she needed to find herself and spend some time apart. I had to let her go and move on. Perhaps, you should do the same. Maybe, she'll come around and realize that she wants to be with you.

Yeah I agree with the others. My ex said the same thing, I smothered her and she needed space to meet other people. So I just stopped talking to her and moved on. Then she came back around and started playin me like she wanted me back but she still doesnt want commitment. Just be careful and try not to talk to her at all once you do split up. It will be a lot easier on you, and she will prolly come to realize how good you are.