dumped him but he won't take the hint and leave me alone

:confused:

:cool:

i have dumped my boyfriend of 2 years because i dont have any feelings towards him.He came along when i was on a rebound.

this boyfriend of mine has been tagging along me most days...he doenst have his own activities whereas i'm a working woman..i am up to here when he calls me every half and hour to see what i'm doing or where i'm at..i am so sick of him!

i am the type of girl who like guys who are independent and know what they're doing..i dont like guys who will just always listen to what i say or do what i wanna do..

finally i broke up with him.but i'm so sad and guilty of doing that.but its for the best..because i cant imagine doing that to him and me for the rest of our lives and i cant live a lie..

i will regret if a marriage happens when i dont even have feelings for him..

please just give me some ideas how to tell him off again because he's not giving up..he keeps on calling me and my friends and my cousins..

My ex also doesn't get the hint, and I finally told him to not call/email/im/drive by my house/stop by my work and that i needed to be alone because he was smothering me. I don't know if this will help, but try to sit down with him (or, if you want, do it over the phone or by email) and tell him why he needs to stop, that the relationship is over. If he has questions about why it's over, then you need to be honest and give him clear reasons. The mistake I made was to try to make him not feel so bad (it's not you, it's me) by keeping all of my anger and frustrations in. While it's good not to yell at him (you'll be the "bigger person" and may be able to retain friendship, plus you're more likely to not say something you'll regret) it also gave him false hope. And this should be the last thing you want to do. Don't be afraid to hang up no matter what he says (my ex tried the "I might commit suicide" bit. I hung up and called his friend and told him to keep an eye on my ex). Eventually he'll be forced to get it. If he doesn't, then you can be really sure you made the right decision. I hope this helps you, just remember there are plenty of people out here to get you through this.

:o This may be an inintended response, but thank you for your forthrightness in sharing your feelings about breaking up with someone for whom the feelings are gone. It gives me the perspective needed to understand why things have happened as they have in my life.

Why different? I was the guy who made myself far too available for my girlfriend, and she eventually lost interest...

Your comment about 'false hope' really hit home. It's time for me to cut my losses and move on.

So keep your hopes up! If a lovelorn romantic fool like myself can get it, then hopefully your ex's can too.

Best of luck.

Hey there,

Don't let your guard down, always have eyes in the back of your head and give anyone in your life the freedom to get rid of him for you........let him know that you have people watching out for him (to protect you) not that he would hurt you but........ Then if all else fails you will have to do what I eventually ended up doing; calling the police to give a stern warning or you could go to the Courts and accuire a restraining order if you feel that you are in danger.

Good Luck, beleive me.....I know the strain you are going through.

Bubbles