3 months and it still feels like my hearts being ripped out

So it's been 3 months. Still feels like yesterday. I thought I was getting better, getting on with my life. I miss him more and more everyday. I know I know, life goes on, I will be ok one day etc etc. Theres just nothing, nothing anyone could ever say that will make me feel better. No one KNOWS what the future holds. I may find someone who loves me completely like he did, or I may die alone.

I keep wanting him to come back to me. I know he wont but I still have this ****ing hope.....this soul destroying hope that just will not go away. Everytime we speak it comes flooding back. I know NC is best but it's impossible for us to be NC as we have stuff to sort out. We didn't end badly so we talk alot when we need to. I just don't know how to accept it's over. I really really want to.

Don't blame yourself for feeling this way, I believe most of us have experience rollercoaster moods every now and then...

I still miss my ex alot, especially before I go to bed and when I just wake up in the morning.

You have to stop thinking of wanting him back, any hopes will delay your healing process. Why do dumpers can choose to end the relationship? Reason being is they only think of the negative things happened in the relationship. You have to start thinking of the negative things happened in the relationship so you can start to move on.

I was super devestated when my ex dropped the break up message to me on a night that I truly did not see it coming. After weeks of trying to convince him, I gave up. What's the point of clinging to someone who can so easily push us away. Is this the kind of love you want in your life?

Go NC which means everything about him have to be deleted from your life. His number, facebook, myspace, skype, msn and other forms of electronic communication you can think of. Do not initate any contact, I know this is the hardest, I initated contact with my ex a few times because I couldn't stop not talking to him but I realise it makes me even more hurt because the way he talked to me is not the same as last time. I start to feel that contacting dumper is no longer meaningful. Why hurt ourselves over and over again?

Even if he talks to you, ignore him. I know this is hard also. But the hardest thing to do right now is the best decision. If he can give you up, why can't you do the same as well?

Dumpees should be stronger than dumpers.

A meaningful quote I learnt from another forum,

A lesson without pain is meaningless.

That’s because you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return.

But, Once you’ve with stood the pain and overcome it,

You will gain a heart that is stronger then everything else.

Yes , a Fullmetal heart

by Edward Elric, Full Metal Alchemist (Japanese Animation)

Edited by Fufu

It's been 2.5 months for me and I feel just awful as well. What was worse was that she ended up with a new guy almost a week after ending things with me. Knowing that cut me very deeply and I'm still hurting from it badly. I think the mornings are the worse because I wake up and realize that a wonderful person isn't in my life anymore. We used to talk a lot and to have her jump into a new relationship so quickly and cut me out of her life cold turkey makes me think that I never really meant that much to her. But the one good thing was that all these negative feelings made me want to talk to her less. The amount of pain that she has caused me has given me an incentive to just cut her out of my life.

skydiveaddict
So it's been 3 months. Still feels like yesterday. I thought I was getting better, getting on with my life. I miss him more and more everyday. I know I know, life goes on, I will be ok one day etc etc. Theres just nothing, nothing anyone could ever say that will make me feel better. No one KNOWS what the future holds. I may find someone who loves me completely like he did, or I may die alone.

I keep wanting him to come back to me. I know he wont but I still have this ****ing hope.....this soul destroying hope that just will not go away. Everytime we speak it comes flooding back. I know NC is best but it's impossible for us to be NC as we have stuff to sort out. We didn't end badly so we talk alot when we need to. I just don't know how to accept it's over. I really really want to.

I know, it's been over a year for me and my heart is still smashed to bits. Sometimes the pain is a long time goin. But you will make it too , you have lots of friends here who will stand by you. You will NOT Die alone. There is someone out there for you, even better than this guy.Believe in yourself and it will happen

Hang tough and you will be ok SDA

Edited by skydiveaddict