Short relationship, huge heartbreak.

In my past I've experianced long lasting relationships, eventually as relationships often do at my age (18) the relationships didn't last whether it was on my terms or the partners. I've always bounced back, took a week or two to be sad and then got back out there having fun with my friends, dating and flirting.

Recently I've been a short relationship lasting around 2 months, I was very much happy with my boyfriend, I couldnt see a fault in him and we got on so well it amazed me. I'd never been with someone that made me feel so happy, unfortantly he didnt feel the same and terminated the relationship. As normal I took the couple of weeks to be sad but I havent been able to get back on my feet. Ive talked to my friends, I keep busy as much as possible, Ive read forum after forum on what to do and for explanations to why I'm so strung on this one person.

We have spoke one since the breakup, I bumped into him when I was out clubbing and we got along like we always did, but there has been no further contact. I feel scared to go places where I might see him, because I'm afraid of seeing him with someone else, or just seeing him at all because I dont know how I would react.

Ive tried talking and flirting with other guys but he is always in my mind and its driving me crazy?

Its been 2 months. How can I make these feelings go away? Why can't I move on as easily as I always do?

Because you're obsessing. You were infatuated with him and he was like a drug. He probably wasn't really that great, you just got yourself feeling high on him and you're still addicted.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

I suspect in many ways this was your first love, while not your first relationship but the first time it affects you on a deeper level, one that truly felt important. And as much as you miss this guy, he is only a symbol of of what your really grieving, your first true mature love.

Sometimes we feel that at 16 for others it may be 36 but until we do we really do not understand the depth another individual can have on us. And if it does not work out it takes a great deal to let it go.

If I am correct, then the good news is now you know how important real love is to you, how beyond superficial attraction what real quality and expectation you have for the person you will share yourself with. While none of this makes things easier at the moment, consider yourself one of the lucky ones. You now know how important love is and will not settle for less in the future and able to discover it at a young age.

It will bet better by reminding yourself what you are missing is that feeling as much as the person himself. Good luck.