Can I leave him at his parents house? :(

NeverWanted2Dance

NeverWanted2Dance

Leaving boyfriend of 8+ years, so scared. Living out of state...its a mess.?

Ok,I'll try and make this as brief as I can.

Got into this relationship when I was 16,and he was 20. Didn't care about long term goals then, so I didn't notice he was already not the type of person I should be with goal-wise.

I have been with him 8+ years and he has NEVER WORKED, I am now employed and making great money. He sits and plays XBOX, talks on the phone, watches tv,etc. etc.

We have argued about this for years, and i am the ultimate door mat. He kept saying he would get a job and its still never happened.

I am not attracted to him anymore, and i dont respect him as a man because quite frankly he isnt one right now. I feel like he is a responsibility of mine almost.

I had to move away from home to get a job I wanted, and he raised a big stink about it, though its only for a year. Now hes here with me (promising to work and wed change our lives around) 7 months later NO JOB. His family sends him money! I dont buy his food or anything, but i pay all the damn bills without a penny from him or a thank you.

I had a house fire last year and he said we'd rebuild together. That didnt even change him.(thats one thing that really bothers me)

So 7 weeks ago we had a huge blowout, he broke my oven by "accidently" hitting the glass top and I told him to leave. Well since we're out of state he had no where to go, and being stuck with him ni the apartment I eventually caved in to all his aplogies and begging/crying and he claimed it would all be different.

well he did a few things, he fills out apps online and he reads the classified in the paper. but still he hasnt gotten anything (he also doesnt drive!!) he never asks me to take him to places, or to let him drive my car. I'm just not happy.

so heres my plan

I go back to my home state monday, hes coming with me. I wanted to break up with him there and leave him at his parents, and bring his stuff down the next week (so he doesn't come back with me). Is this cruel? Im afraid to tell him here, he has a scary temper (yelling and hitting things but not me) and i know ill cave if im stuck with him begging and crying again.

I feel so lost and trapped...

you've given him all these chance,wasted all these yeatr. drop him off at his parents,and burn rubber leaving him there.