From lovers to strangers...

I would just like to know what other people make of the process of breaking up and going from being lovers, best friends, people who share time and life to being complete strangers.

I am finding it very difficult.

Please share you ideas and thoughts on this.

Yes, it's awkward...there is a sense of loss...there is a big hole left many times. But welcome to life. That's the way it happens. Circumstances and/or interests bring people together...and later take them in different directions. It happens all the time. It's something you will never change so get used to it and be thankful for the friends you have who are there for you always.

HokeyReligions

Well, I guess there were guys I broke up with and I cried and felt like I would never find love. But that only lasted a few days because I would tell myself that there were better things ahead and each break up was only bringing me closer to the real love of my life. I just knew that, no matter how much I loved someone, there was someone else out there for me that I would love even more.

Eventually I found him.

I know how that feels. I am going through a break-up and find myself thinking that only 3-4 months ago, we were living together, sharing daily activities, etc. There is a sense of loss and despair because you miss the little things about that person. From being lovers sharing, to two people who are carrying alot of anger, and hurt and cannot look each other in eye. It is painful at times.