He wrongly accused me of lying...guilty conscience?

I had been with my bf for 3 years. We have had our problems, but always managed to work through them. But this time... out of no where, he accuses me of lying and keeping secrets from him. We are from a culture where a woman has to be careful of what she does, in order to not lose respect. We are in a LD relationship...so, the last time he came...I was a little more open with him, as I thought by this time he wouldn't judge me, because we knew eachother so well. He told me...our relationship was based on a lie, and that he wasted time and money to see me, and I didn't even deserve it. That he thought he was foolish. :(

Something important to add is, he cheated on me with a prostitute while in another country, and didn't seem remorseful about it at all. He even said "she was damn hot. But I didn't enjoy it." But because I love him so much, I forgave him. He has made me cry and sad a lot...but also he made me happy too. I guess to be honest, no matter what he did or said, my love for him has been soooooooo great, that I always forgive him and continue to love him...which for many seems so wrong...but it is what it is.

Anyway, back to my story....he won't even tell me what he thinks I am lying about. He says, "You know what it is. I'm fed up. I'll give you time to get back to me about what it is." If he wanted to break up, he could have just been a man, and said that...but he makes up stories. If he thinks I am experienced...well, he bases that on assumptions and not fact. So, I want to clear my name. And also I want to make peace .... I don't like to be falsely accused of anything, and I cannot stand it, especially after I took him back for what he did!

Do you think he has a guilty conscience? Is that why he is saying these things? What can I do to clear my name...to make peace with him (not get back together with him)? I never thought things would end like this. :(

• Author

Do you think he is doing this because he feels guilty for what he has done in the past? And he is projecting the guilt onto me? Why would he be manipulative like that?