Thrown away over a job

ARPRTRATMAN

Been reading the forum since my split over 4 weeks ago and thought I would get my feelings out in the open like everyone is, so bear with me.

Been dating someone for the past 2 and 1/2 years untill a month ago, after an argument she tells me that we are over with.

She refused to speak to me for a week, and then when I finally get a chance to speak to her, she tells me she has gotten a job with the government and will be leaving in the next 4 weeks.

Then proceeds to tell me that she will living in another state and would like to end everything before she is gone.

We had a good relationship, and she loved me. As a matter of fact she told me she loved me the day before we broke up.

Yes, I did everything we are not supposed to do when someone leaves us, such as begging, pleading, crying. You name it, I did it because I was in love with her and knew in my heart that she was my one true love.

The bust in the gut that I still feel everyday is that I told her that I would move with her to the other state and would find a job out there so that we could continue to be together and she told me NO

"We are not long term material"

So you abandon me because of your new career and break and haull a$$ like I did not mean a thing to you?

I feel like I have lost my best friend, my one true love and a piece of me is leaving for ever.

I have been beating myself over this for the past two weeks untill I began to read this column everyday for a feeling of relief that I am not alone in this struggle of being taken and thrown to the curb like a piece of trash.

I started the NC two days ago and began to feel better untill tonight when I told her that I wanted to meet her in a few days to talk about some things.

My desire is to pretty much tell her I have come to grips with this and will let her go if that is what she wants, but if she wants to try and fix this then I am more than willing, but I will NOT do the friend thing.

The one thing that I have learned from everyones pain is that you CANNOT be friends because there will always be that fire inside my heart that will want more than that, and I cannot put myself through the hurt I have experienced lately.

I have lost over 15 pounds, cannot eat, cannot sleep or concentrate throughout the day, but the plus side is that since this has happened I have gone to the gym religiously every day and run to get my mind off this crap.

I feel for everyone in this group that has been through the hell that I feel and have felt for the past couple of weeks. What we have been through will last us forever, especially for us that found what was our one and true love of our life.

They have busted our heart, taken a piece out and left. We will always have a piece of us missing, because they took it from us and we will ALWAYS be searching for the piece to put back in our heart to make us whole again.

I hate this and what I have had to experience in terms of hurt and pain.

knew in my heart that she was my one true love.

you will be relieved to know that there is no such thing. You're going to meet someone better and you will laugh at tahat statement in the future.

wanted to meet her in a few days to talk about some things.

My desire is to pretty much tell her I have come to grips with this and will let her go if that is what she wants, but if she wants to try and fix this then I am more than willing, but I will NOT do the friend thing.

She has told you several times she's not interested in being with you. Why would you keep putting yourself through this rejection over and over? There is nothing you can do to make her stay with you, as a matter of fact the more you try the further you will push her away. The best thing to do is nothing and let her go.

Keep working on yourself, it's the best thing you can do right now. Just like everyone else here with some serious soul serching and time you will come out of this on top. Good luck.